Chapter 2: You wouldn't know

The next morning, David wakes up after a good night of sleep. After getting the news of debuting tonight, he has to prepare for what's to come. But the smile on his face is unshaken at all when he gets his clothes and walks into the bathroom. Luckily everything has been peaceful so far, so the early part of the day goes without interruptions until the young man is done with showering, brushing his teeth and getting dressed. David walks out all satisfied and then looks at his phone to see that Mark has texted him, asking if he would love to join him, Flash and a few others for a workout. How could he say No to that? Of course he will join, so he replies quickly and grabs his gym bag, leaving the room, locking the door and making his way to the performance center.

When he's there, David walks over to one of the rings that's set up there and greets everyone. The joy he feels from finally making it to where the big boys play is evident all together. That's when the time comes to scatter and start the workout, so David and Mark go over to the weights while Flash, Alexander Wolfe and Kay Lee Ray walk somewhere else. Preferibly somewhere from where they can keep an eye on the two. It sounded a bit odd at first when Kay suggested that, but the guys didn't question her about it. All that matters is being good enough to keep up with the competition and that is hard enough on its own.
---------------------------------

Two hours later and the group calls for a break. Everyone gathers in the same spot as they wipe the sweat off their foreheads before David goes to get some water. He promised to be back soon, so his steps were light and fast as he looks for the vending machine. Fortunately for him it's not that far away, so after putting some money into it, he presses the button for water a few times, taking the bottles and the spare change before making his way back. Alexander helped David giving out the bottles and so everyone cools down a bit. The routine is different from person to person, but in the end it only does good for world class athletes like them.

Alexander:" Tonight is a packed show. We have to give it our best."

Flash:" We do that every day, don't forget that. But the preparation for the next Takeover is lingering in my mind already."

Kay:" So David, you better bring your A game. Jordan Devlin isn't going to take kindly to you."

David:" I'd kick the teeth out of his mouth, if he even thinks about disrespecting me, my friends or family."

Alexander:" Now that's the spirit that you need. Keep that, it's gonna bring you far."

Then everyone smiles and they chat with each other for a while. The kindness that's being shown lets David feel right at home, but something tells him not everything will be going as smooth.
-----------------------------------

Night has come and with it, the beginning of this week's episode of NXT UK. The crowd is clearly alive and excited to see what's going to happen. The action already begins when the music of Jordan Devlin hits as he makes his way to the ring with a mic in hand and a pissed off expression on his face.

Jordan:" Shut it, you hypocrites! I've had enough of this nonsense. You're booing me before I do anything,  but cheer when I get beaten down? What's the matter with you?"

A new wave of boos echo towards him as he runs his free hand through his hair before continuing.

Jordan:" I bet you heard the news, aye? Some darling new guy has been signed to NXT UK. Just another face who's trying to steal MY spotlight! I deserve to be on top with the others! I am the secret weapon! I am---"

Suddenly he's interrupted by the man he just talked about. The titantron flares up with a sun in the middle as the name of said man is revealed: Davey Sunblast. He walks out showing his confidence as his eyes scan the arena before landing on the ring where Jordan is getting angrier by the second. The crowd however is jumping out of their seats, seeing one of the best irish wrestlers today debut. Loud 'You Fucked Up' chants go out to Jordan as Davey breaks the silence.