Chapter 15: Coming Alive

It's the week before Takeover London and the card looks very entertaining so far with a total of six matches. That means everyone has to bring their A game to really get to the level of the city itself. Of course the plans could still change, but NXT and NXT UK are still Hunters' babies. He's in charge of everything regarding these brands and that has brought us all a lot of fantastic matches. So far it looks like this:

Moustache Mountain vs The Hunt

Kenny Williams vs Noam Dar vs Jordan Devlin

Kay Lee Ray vs Nina Samuels

Davey Sunblast vs Kassius Ohno

Grizzled Young Veterans vs Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster

Walter vs Wolfgang

How Wolfgang finds himself as the number one contender for the NXT UK Championship is hard to believe, but he actually fought fair to get this far. It's not really surprising though since he has been waiting for such a chance for a long time and with two giants colliding, there's gonna be chaos around the ring when the rest of Imperium meet the Coffey brothers. David himself chuckles at that thought as he and Kay cuddle on the couch in his hotel room. It's only monday after all, so there's still enough time to relax and intensify their relationship. The landscape of wrestling changes day by day still, seeing how AEW has just premiered with its own Wednesday night show. People online literally spam out questions about a Wednesday night war, due to AEW Dynamite and NXT being live at the same time. Of course Vince himself isn't fond of anything even closely related to AEW, but nobody can do anything against them.

David:" I hope everything goes well. Ever since the switches with RAW and Smackdown, there has been a lot going on."

Kay:" I think it's gonna go alright. This change could be good for the WWE."

David:" True, but judging from the recent events with Brock Lesnar and what he did to Rey Mysterio and his son, I've been slightly on edge."

Kay:" And I understand that. I wouldn't want him hurt our kid either, if we had one."

David:" It's just a matter of time until someone steps up to Brock and finally puts him down for good."

Kay:" Like who? We have Cain Valesquez and Tyson Fury here now. They should get something done."

David:" I know, but I mean a WWE superstar, not former UFC fighters."

Kay:" Well, the main roster has a few candidates lined up for that."

David:" Right...Hey, would you like to watch a movie?"

Kay:" Yes, but I get to choose."

David just chuckles and hands his girlfriend the remote for the TV. It doesn't take long for her to open Netflix and look through what they offer since the latest update. In the end Kay sets herself on the movie Blue Jay while David puts a bowl full of popcorn on the table.
---------------------------------------------------------

In the afternoon the two walk around the city, hands intertweened along the way. The older people on the way smile at the young couple as they just wander along. David has brought up the idea to go to the lake in the park they were in just recently, so that's their destination for now. And since fall has come, the sidewalks are clothed in leafs. Red, orange, yellow. It's so refreshing to see the world begin to regenerate.

Kay:" This season is truly beautiful. Don't you think?"

David:" It is, but only you overshadow it with your own beauty."

Kay:" You casanova."

David:" What? It's true. You're above these leafs and the sun casts your shadow on them."

Kay:" You're a dork sometimes."

David:" Yes, but I'm your dork."

Kay:" Exactly. Nothing will come between the two of us."

David smiles and wraps his arms around the scottish woman. This embrace is not only to make sure everyone knows they're together, it's also a way of keeping your loved one safe. It's like a cocoon that built itself around your partner. When they walk again, David sees the fountain the park has, so he leads Kay towards it in full excitement. The water in it shows that people often flip coins into it and wish for something. Together they each take a Quarter from their wallets and count to three and flip it, making their wishes while it's still in the air.

David:" I used to do that in Dublin all the time."

Kay:" I did that back in Paisley too. I wanted to make sure everything goes well for me, my friends and family."

David:" Well, look where it got you. You're a successful wrestler working for the biggest sports entertainment company in the world. Your family is doing good and you're still on great terms with most of your friends."

Kay:" I know. Sometimes I still can't believe how far I've come."

David:" Neither can I. From being a kid with a big imagination to a man with an interest in all things fire who joined the WWE after years."

Kay:" It's like destiny has been kind to us. You're the best that could've ever happened to me."

David:" I manage to not disappoint. You're more than I could've ever asked for, Kay. I love you."

Kay:" I love you too."

They then share a passionate kiss at the fountain as the sun comes out from behind the clouds again. Not only have some of their wishes come true, it also seems that the lord is supporting the two.