Chapter 3: Fuel

The last few days went by like a breeze, filled with interviews, photo shoots, promotional shots for promo packages and much more. To say the life of a professional wrestler is easy is a lie. Travel, booking rooms in hotels, keeping up the daily routine and, in many cases, also dealing with family. David has grown to take it as it comes each day, so there won't be much to worry about. He's currently stretching and taking deep breaths as another episode of NXT UK is live at the moment. Gallus hasn't caused any more trouble so far, but that doesn't mean they will give up. They have given enough warnings around the whole division. But that's the least of anyone's concerns, David has a Re-match against Jordan Devlin tonight, since Jordan can't take the loss. He said it was a fluke, that he was betrayed and that the executives were hypocrites. Did David like the sound of that? Not a single bit, so he makes his way to the ring for the second match of the night.

His steps are heavy, eyes focussed and his body is ready to fight. The fans love Davey Sunblast and he loves them just as much. But when the irish man steps between the ropes, he paces around while Jordan finally comes out as well. The brunette man is ignoring the disapproval of the fans, clearly eyeing Davey and then grimacing. He steps in and gets right in Davey's face, fueling the whole rivalry. The ref checks, if everyone is ready and then calls for the bell. Is the start any different from the first match? Not much, but Davey takes Jordan down with a Hurricanrana instead, followed by an Elbow Drop. Yes, this startles Devlin very much, so he rolls out of the ring and takes a deep breath. The ref is looking at him and starts counting him out, but Davey is not having any of that. No, he takes charge from the ropes, jumps over the ref and hits Jordan with a Sommersault Plancha. This also gets the crowd going as they celebrate the move with cheers and whistling in appreciation. The match has picked up the pace very fast as Davey rolls Jordan back into the ring, gets in himself and jumps from the middle rope, landing a Slingshot Legdrop. He takes a moment to run a hand through his hair, moving it away, before smiling at the crowd. Being the favorite is easy when you're this popular,  but it could backfire at any point in time.  But Davey doesn't let this get in his head as he picks the dazed Devlin and puts him on his shoulders. He tries to carry him to the nearest corner, but Devlin slips off and kicks Davey in the back of his left leg. Jordan smirks as he finally puts some damage in, cornering his opponent and unleashing a fury of strikes to Davey's body. He doesn't care much about the ref counting, until he gets between them and separate the two. Jordan takes the moment to mock Davey, but he regrets that decision when he's struck by a Superkick. But that's not the end, the kick is followed by a Codebreaker: together known as Solar Flare. If that doesn't end it, and it won't,  Davey backs up into a corner, stomping his foot onto the matt to set up another one of his finishers. He waits for Jordan to get up and then charges at him, his boot imprinting itself in Devlin's face. The Brogue Kick known as Cover The World In Darkness. Davey goes for the pin straight after.

1.

2.

3!

Another win, another notch in the cap. Davey gets back up and lifts his arms to celebrate while Jordan rolls out of the ring, holding his head. He still can't believe that the newest superstar to enter NXT UK has beaten him twice. So what follows? A temper tantrum, while Davey chuckles and walks backstage.
--------------------------------------

Back behind the curtains, David has calmed down and taken off the upper part of his suit. It's incredibly hot when wrestling in such clothes when bright lights shine on the ring all the time. Soon enough, Mark and Flash join him and congratulate him on his second victory.

Mark:" That match was even better than the first. I hope Devlin has learned his lesson."

Flash:" So do I. It's  2:0 for you now."

David:" I'll beat him as many times as needed. If he keeps bitching about it, then I'll knock his ass out."

Mark:" Well, he's been annoying us with the same stuff for a long time, so shutting him up is the only way. "

Flash:" We'll be back soon. James Drake and Zack Gibson are our opponents for tonight. They wanted their Re-match from Takeover Cardiff."

David:" Alright Boys, I wish you luck. Not that you'd need it."

The three bro hug before Mark and Flash go out while David walks further through the backstage area. He greets some people and grabs an apple from catering, taking a big bite out of it.
----------------------------------------------

After the show is done and most people left the arena, David is left talking to Kay Lee Ray. The two have gotten to know each other a bit over the first week and they found some similarities. They laugh after David tells a joke and Kay playfully hits his arm, saying he's so silly.

David:" So...do you have any plans tomorrow?"

Kay:" Not really. I just have to get some groceries and do my usual workout, but nothing else."

David:" What do you say about the two of us going out tomorrow evening?"

Kay:" Like on a date?"

David:" If you wanna think of it like one, then yes."

Kay:" Then I'll take you up on that, since you're offering. Is 7:30 pm a good time?"

David:" Definitly. I'll be there on time."

Kay:" Sounds good. Have a good night,  David."

The two hug each other in a friendly way and Kay walks off while David takes in the whole night.