Chapter 20: Open Your Eyes

With the weekend ahead, there's a lot David and Kay have planned. They discussed some things from their bucket lists and came to the conclusion to make the day amazing with several attractions. It's gonna be a load of fun after all, no matter what happens in between. The night was used to recover from the last match as David had an ice pack on his knee throughout sleeping. It hurt for a while, but cooling it helped a lot.

Now morning has come and sunlight strikes David's and Kay's faces, stirring them awake. They keep each other embraced for one more minute before slowly opening their eyes and look at each other. A smile comes to Kay when she sees the messy hair of her boyfriend.

Kay:" Wakey wakey. It's 9 a.m."

David:" Why do I need sun when I have you?"

Kay:" Flatterer. Today is our day, David. We are gonna go scuba diving and then we'll cruise around the beach in a buggy."

David:" Oh right. Today is full of excitement."

Soon his eyes are filled with joy as well as he jumps out of bed and heads into the bathroom. David intensionally leaves the door open, giving Kay a short show to which she can only smile and laugh at the display. It's all in good fun for them as they take a shower one after the other.

For breakfast Kay is making eggs and bacon, pancakes and coffee. Pretty basic, but it gets everyone ready for the day. It's nutritious, fills the stomach and tastes great, if done correctly. The music in the radio also lightens the mood along the way as David puts his shirt on and enters the kitchen.

David:" The food smells great. How did you do that?"

Kay:" I didn't do anything special, just higher heat and a bit less butter."

David:" Do I smell some smoked paprika also?"

Kay:" You really have a sharp nose, sweety. Yes, I put a bit of it on the bacon to bring in a bit of spicyness."

David:" I know I like it already."

Kay:" Then take a seat. The food will be ready shortly."

Said and done and so the two joke around a bit more until everything is done. Kay assembles everything on two plates and serves it, butter and maple syrup seperate to fit their taste as they desire. With the next Takeover about a month away, their preperations are already in session as well and ever since David and Kay have started to work out together, their entire physique has gotten much better. Everyone has noticed that and asked about how they do it, but like any good magician, they haven't revealed their secrets yet. Digging into the food, they enjoy every moment, talking about how they feel after such a challenging week, what they hope is next for them and what the future could hold for them. Of course there's always the question of settling down, starting a family and so on. But judging from their age and current mindset, there are no plans for children or stepping away from the wrestling business yet.
--------------------------------------------------------

Some time later, the two find themselves in scuba gear with an instructor at their side. It already feels a bit strange for them since these suits are skin tight and the water will be cold as heck. Not only that, but the underwater world is a whole different giant. Reefs, caves, sunken ships, there's a whole lot to explore down there with each other. Currently their instructor is explaining everything they need to know in case something happens. The older man is very clear with his phrasing as he clips every instruction together, so everything makes sense to the young couple. Meanwhile, the boat they're on is quite far from shore at the moment, the weather is very good, not too much wind, not too many clouds. With that, the three let themselves fall backwards into the water with the oxygen line attached, so they can breath. Scuba diving looks easier than it actually is, with all the scientific aspects of underwater pressure, several different kinds of fish and much more. Then again, there's still fun to be had, so the trio begin to dive down into the sea. Upon first glance, everything is a bit blurry until their eyes have adjusted to the light. Now if there was a different way to communicate than with hand signs, David and Kay would definitly use that. Being underwater opens up a whole other level of experience. The rock formations, the fish swarms, the possible treasure. They know that taking stuff from wreckages for yourself is illegal, but the thought of having an old treasure chest or anything from one of the many wars the world had to go through is exciting. Shaking that iff though, they link hands and follow the instructor around. Not only is it safer, it also reveales some of the nicest corners this part of the sea has.

Upon getting closer to a very small cave, David scares a swarm of fish away which amuses Kay very much. She does her best to smile and slightly hits David on the shoulder. It's not easy because of the water slowing any movement down. But when the way is free, they can see into the small opening and see a sea anemone. It's orange with a few blue spots at the bottom, but the stream makes it move around very majestically. It's almost hypnotizing to watch, until the instructor signals to the couple to move on.
-------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later and everyone is back on the boat after the trip down below. Everything looked great, almost mesmerizing in a sense. Kay has taken pictures with a waterproof camera as well, so she can get them done and tell everyone about it. Despite the water being cold, the sun is doing a nice job by drying off a good portion of the left over drops. David has already dried his face as Kay wrings her hair out during the ride back to shore.

David:" That was a wonderful experience."

Kay:" Yes, it was. The colors, shapes and sizes of every fish. I really had to laugh when that small turtle swam against your foot and you dearly freaked out."

David:" It wasn't that funny. I didn't know what happened after all."

Kay:" It's all fine, hun. I'm excited to see the pictures."

David:" How many did you actually take?"

Kay:" About 20 or 25. The underwater world is fascinating. I could've spent a little more time down there."

David:" I know, but you heard our coach. There wasn't much oxygen left in our tanks so we had to go back up."

Kay:" True. I just hope we can still rent a buggy when we're back."

David:" Can you drive that thing?"

Kay:" Yes sir! I have been behind a buggys' wheel a few times before. Prepare for a wild ride."

David:" Oh, I always am."

Laughing, the two sit next to each other and enjoy the rest of the trip back. It was one of the many things they wanna do before settling down somewhere nice. It's the rush and excitement of such things that makes them wanna do it, no matter what exactly is involved with it.
-------------------------------------------------------

After getting back and changing into their casual attires, Kay and David make their way over to the place where they rent these beach buggys. There are some left still, so the two are in luck as they talk to the employees along the way. With much appreciation for being active in this business, Kay and David get in and put on the seatbelts. Luckily this thing has an engine, so they don't have to wait for the wind or anything. After the final instructions, Kay puts the pedal to the metal, speeding off. Kg adrenaline is something you want in your life, this is a good start to ease yourself into it. The car itself is very light, very easy to maneuver. It's really pushing forward with every meter they go while staying out of the way of other people. Yes, It's loud. Yes,  it kicks up sand. But it's also a lot of fun seeing how their surroundings flash past them. David chuckles after some bumps in the sand, clearly enjoying the drive as Kay takes a few very sharp turns to mix it up. They never thought it would bring them so much joy, yet here they are with big smiles on their faces. Sometimes you just have to open your eyes and embrace the fun in life.