Chapter 8: Shepherd Of Fire

The time has come for NXT UK Takeover Blackpool. The card is stacked with great matches such as Kay defending her NXT UK Womens Championship against Jinny, Flash and Mark will battle Grizzled Young Veterans once again and Walter will take on Trent Seven who seeks revenge for his Tag Team partner Tyler Bate. Of course nobody forgot about Davey Sunblast taking on Gallus one by one. The week has been spent in the gym, in a karate dojo and around the city, just for this match. Every day consisted of several intense hours of training. David has still taken enough time to do something with his friends. The nights have been very interesting and entertaining as they went on, differenciating every time. The whole crew has become and better acquainted with each other.

Right now the show has only started with Jonny Saint and Sid Scala welcoming everyone,  thanking the crowd and the viewers, soon taking a good in-depth look at all the matches, at the evolution of how all of them came to be and what they could mean for the future. Every Takeover is shaping the coming months and years for the brand, with people from the Main Roster and NXT itself challenging. People like Cesaro, Drew McIntyre is interested as well while Kassius Ohno has taken a longer stay in NXT UK already. With the Wildcard stuff added, the posibilities are endless.
---------------------------------------------------

An hour later and three matches are already over. Kay has successfully defended her title, Mark and Flash have beaten Grizzled Young Veterans and Jordan Devlin failed to beat Travis Banks. So only two matches remain and one of them starts now. Davey is the first one to go out to the ring where he gets showeredin cheers, fans loving him to no end. He smiles and waves at everyone for a moment until Gallus' theme hits and Mark Coffey walks out. He looks pissed off already as he climbs into the ring while the referee does his best to keep the two seperated. They each walk back into their corners and then, the bell finally rings. There's no time wasted as Mark charges at Davey with a Clothesline, but he dodges and follows up with a kick combination.

With Mark dazzled by the quickness, Davey comes from the ropes performing a Knee Drop. This match will take a lot: a lot of strategizing, a lot of pain, a lot of energy. It's a fight against three different opponents after all. But that doesn't rattle Davey right now as he and Mark lock up, trying to overpower each other, remembering how it was when Wolfgang did this. So when Mark tries the same thing, Davey jumps and stomps onto the mans' feet, he gains the upper hand and suplexes Mark onto the ropes where he stays while Davey climbs up to the top turnbuckle and quickly dives off, stomping on Mark's neck and making him fall to the outside. They both take this moment to breath as the ref counts out Mark slowly, but surely. At five, the big man pulls himself up and gets back in the ring with Davey leaning in the opposite corner. The two stare daggers at each other before clobbering one another with balled fists. If modern warfare in terms of wrestling is evolving, then this part of the match is a good old fashioned beatdown where one will give in sooner than the other. Heavy blows are dealt as they both run to the ropes, colliding with each other again.  Mark is furious and grabs Davey, smashing his head into the middle turnbuckle repeatedly. The fans boo him for that, but he tells them off and continues his onslaught by stomping on Davey's chest. The ref checks on the irish man, taking in everything he says, but Davey isn't backing down. He pulls himself up and waits for Mark to turn around, hitting him with the Solar Flare. He doesn't go for the cover yet though, no. He climbs back up the turnbuckle and performs the Burning Star on Mark, finally finishing him. The announcer even tells everyone over mic as Mark rolls out of the ring while Joe Coffey rushes to the ring, tackling Davey. The long haired Coffey takes control and hits Davey with fists  left and right over and over again. He doesn't take well to the rising star, so this match is more than perfect for him as he takes Davey close to the nearest turnbuckle and gets onto the middle rope. Joe is smirking as he runs a hand through his hair. The thorn in his side isn't that stingy right now, is he? Joe then shrugs and does an Elbow Drop on Davey, going for the cover.