Chapter 21: Get Thru This

After their trip underwater and around the beach, David and Kay have used the rest of the week spending time with their friends. They were out for a game of volley ball, went to the movie theater and even had dinner together. Taking time to recollect themselves is always important, so they can function as the people they are. But work is already coming closer again for everyone, so preperations are to be made.

Since David has advanced to another step towards WALTER by beating Marcel Barthel, he's more than ready to do it again. This time his opponent is Fabian Aichner. Comparing the two shows that Fabian is still slightly buffer than David, but that doesn't mean the irish man is at a disadvantage. He has put bigger people on the matt for a good amount of his career and he will continue to do so as the show continues.

A few things have already passed, like Mark and Flash being confronted by Grizzled Young Veterans and The Hunt, Jonny Saint talking about how far NXT UK has come and Jazzy Gabbert beating Xia Brookside. Everything has been going well so far as Kay joins Davey by the curtain. The UK Womens Champion is smiling and ready for her own match that's about to be next after the commercial break. Tonight she will face Isla Dawn with Jinny watching from the commentary table.

Davey:" How do you feel?"

Kay:" I can already feel Jinny trying to get a cheap shot in after the match. She gives off a sneaky bitch vibe."

Davey:" I don't think she knows who she's messing with. You have beaten several people, you beat Toni Storm for that championship for crying out loud. Someone like Jinny won't be a big problem for you."

Kay:" You're right. This gold will stay with me. I gotta go out now. My match is about to be on."

A hug and a Good Luck kiss later, the two seperate as Kay puts her game face on. Nothing will get between her and her title reign. The tension is already at a high point, but knowing NXT UK, it's gonna boil over soon.
---------------------------------------------------------

Isla is the first one to go out to the ring. Her brighter hair is shining from the light in the arena as she walks with a smile on her face. First impressions can lead to doom though, since not everything is what it seems. But that's beside the point at the moment as Kay walks out, overlooking the crowd before her eyes land on her current nemesis. Jinny is smirking with her arms crossed while Kay scoffs and walks to the ring, focussing on Isla now.

Introductions are done quickly and the bell rings soon too, letting the women circle around each other before locking up. The tie up is pretty even with neither side gaining control until they eventually break it up. Of course this won't end easily, Isla and Kay are determined fighters after all. The one fighting to make a name for herself, the other to prove that she deserves to be champion. That's when Kay hits Isla with a Forearm right to the face, then another which is followed by a low Running Dropkick. It's nothing against her, Kay just needs to show Jinny who rules this kingdom. So when Isla gets back up, Kay puts her in the nearest corner and kicks her in the lower ribs repeatedly. Punishment is due as the match grows in intensity with Isla changing it around, suplexing Kay. With an opening like that, there's all sorts of stuff that can happen. Isla climbs up to the second rope and dives down with a Double Knee Drop to Kays' mid section. A heavy hit for sure, but this isn't close to the end yet. Kay has rolled out of the ring to take a moment to breathe. Isla also takes a moment to think until they lock eyes again, making them bump into each other a few times, until they try to clothesline each other, but with that they knock themselves down. Interest spikes up when all eyes move towards the ramp where Jinny runs towards the squared circle. Chair in hand, she climbs in and is about to hit one of the two women when the referee gets in her way. They argue for a moment until Jinny shoots low with a kick between the legs, forcing the poor man down while she starts a relentless assault on Kay and Isla, mostly focussing on the first one. The chair bends more and more with every hit that collides with their backs as they scream in pain over and over again. Jinny then wrenches the chair in between the ropes in one of the corners, clearly going to throw Kay into it. So she kicks Isla off and drags Kay up. She's ready to irish whip her into it, but Kay reverses the whole thing and makes Jinny crash back first into the chair, making her fall out of the ring in the process. This feud is heating up quickly. Kay can finally get herself up and looks around to come back to her senses. She moves her hair out of her face and then walks over to Isla, helping her up. They definitly didn't think the match would end like this, but what's done is done. After grabbing her championship, Kay and Isla go backstage towards the doctor to get checked over.
--------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Davey is preparing himself for his own match which will be the main event of the evening once again. Not only will everything be fired back just as hard as he dishes out, he also has to keep his eyes focussed on Fabian. The two are quick alltogether, but there's a few things the italian can do a bit better than the irish man.

Soon enough the time has come to show why Davey is the Firestorm From Dublin. Imperium may be a strong group, but one by one, they're at the most vulnerable. Marcel was the first step and he put up a pretty good fight. Fabian will be harder to beat, due to his power, Alexander Wolfe is also gonna be a challenge and at the end of that stands WALTER, the Ring General. He has earned this name and he proudly shows why he is a force to be reckoned with.

On his way to the ring, Davey smiles at the crowd and high fives some people along the way. Being close to his fans is one thing that makes him popular. Photos, talking or just replying on social media can be good or bad, but in this case it's working out positively. Getting into the ring, Davey takes off his sunglasses and waits for his opponent. Fabian is coming out quick, wearing his black jacket as he proudly represents Imperium tonight. It's a fight towards a title match after all and he is here to stop the man of fire. Walking down the ramp, Fabian jumps onto the apron, eyes set on Davey. The two so respect each other, but a match is a match in the end. So when everyone is ready, the two meet in the middle of the ring.

Davey fakes a lock up, but kicks Fabian in the leg before it can happen. He likes to toy around on a few occasions which angers the italian greatly as he tries to hit Davey. But that doesn't go too well as Davey falls back, dodging the punch and kips back up for a Forearm to the neck of Fabian. It's clearly annoying him, but there's not much to do against it. So the two finally engage each other in a full on slugfest. Fists are flying and clearly hitting their targets every single time. The crowd is fully behind this match, loving every second and every hit that comes. That lasts until Fabian takes Davey down with a Belly-To-Back Suplex. The two have a different temper towards each other as Fabian follows up with a Leg Drop and a Knee Strike to the back. Kicking it into high gear early isn't too good though, because it could burn his momentum faster than expected. Davey is outside of the ring now, trying to get a moment of clarity, but Fabian doesn't let him as he jumps onto the top rope and hits him with a Springboard Crossbody. It's not easy to do this kind of stuff and Fabian sees another opportunity. He grabs Davey again and brings him over to the barricade, hitting him twice and then he walks back, only to break into a sprint, jumping over the steel steps extending his leg for a Leg Lariat. He hits, but Davey doesn't let go. Davey powers through and carries him over to the apron, dropping the bald man with a Backbreaker. The ref is at 6 with his count out, so Davey does his best to get back in and then goes back out to reset the count. He's kicking Fabian down again and again before jumping from the barricade with a Senton.

The crowd is loving this match, applauding both wrestlers loudly. When they both get back into the ring, Davey hits Fabian with a Superkick, followed by a Codebreaker as he then falls on top of his opponent for the first pin.

1.

2.

Kickout!

Davey can't believe it,  but he nods and thinks about how to carry on. It's still not quite time for the finish as Fabian rolls to the ropes and picks himself up. The two give it everything they've got and yet, the match still goes on. Fabian decides to get down from the apron to think of his next move, but that's cancelled when Davey jumps over the top rope with a Shotgun Dropkick.

He learned that move just a while ago and judging from the impact of his feet, it has succeeded. Of course he also fell on his back from the leap, but that's to be expected. It takes a bit more time to get Fabian back into the ring, but when Davey has done that, he gets to the top rope,  balances himself as good as he can and hits him with a Burning Star.

1.

2.

3!

Another win, another step towards WALTER and the NXT UK Championship. Davey has done it again, he has beaten another soldier of Imperium and knows that the next Takeover isn't that far away anymore. Picking himself up, the irish man leans against the ropes and thrusts his fist forward to celebrate the victory while Fabian looks on from the outside with a smile. He claps at Davey and soon leaves him to savor the win.