Chapter 19: Pieces

It's another night full of action at NXT UK. After last weeks' announcements, the show is picking up speed and intensity. Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster have found new challengers in The Hunt, Jinny has challenged and attacked NXT UK Womens Champion Kay Lee Ray and Davey Sunblast has agreed to WALTER's terms. Tonight he will face Marcel Barthel in a Singles Match. Next week Fabian Aichner steps in the ring with the irish man and as the last stop before the Ring General ,there is Alexander Wolfe. Only after beating these three, Davey will face WALTER at the next UK Takeover. Their match will be under Extreme Rules, so they can finally push each other to the limit. It's gonna be nasty, it's gonna be painful to watch, but it will prove who actually will be the top dog at NXT UK.

Right now the red haired man is watching the show progress with his girlfriend right next to him. Davey and Kay are paying close attention to what's currently happening as Kays' former challenger Nina Samuels is facing her new challenger Jinny. They need to study every movement, every muscle, every nerve to understand where her weaknesses are. That's until Tyler Bate comes along with soft steps, almost as if he's sneaking up on the couple. The british man shortly glances at the screen and then back at his friends who haven't noticed him. As they lean back, he puts his hands on their shoulders and answers with a hefty 'Boooo'. Now that's one if the easiest tricks in the books, but neither Kay nor Davey have really been affected by it.

Tyler:" Good evening to the two of you."

Davey:" Good evening, Tyler."

Kay:" Hey there, Ty."

Tyler:" I See you're catching up on your opponent, Kay. That's good."

Kay:" I'm trying to find a weak spot to use against her when the time comes. I need to be ready."

Davey:" And I'm focussing on Marcel. Everyone in Imperium is a friend, but a match is a match."

Tyler:" True. There can never be enough preperation."

Davey:" What about you and Trent though? You had great matches against The Hunt."

Tyler:" We'll keep fighting for another chance at the Tag Team titles. With Mark and Flash as champions, I think Moustache Mountain can bring on the fight."

Davey:" Well, as most of your fans say: you're a big strong boi. Their words, not mine."

Tyler chuckles and then takes a stand against the nearest wall to make himself comfortable. NXT and NXT UK have witnessed quite a big change over time with several big names joining. The future looks bright for everyone as long as Triple H, or Hunter as the people close to him call him, has control over them.

Tyler:" Anyways, let me tell you: WALTER is currently the one who is the hardest to beat. His reign as champion is remarkable. Looking back to when he won it and to who he beat up until now, I'd say you have to go more than just all out, Davey."

Davey:" That may be true, but at the end of the day we're all just human beings. Even WALTER can be beaten and I will do that, no matter what."

Kay:" Words of an uncrowned champion. I look forward to everything that's gonna come our way."

The three share a short laugh before returning their eyes to the screen where Jinny just pinned Nina for the victory. She's clearly much more of a threat than previously thought. And a win against a bigger opponent proves that she's ready for anyone. But Kay doesn't let that stand on its own. No, the dark haired beauty is on her way out to the stage and walks out as her theme hits. The two challengers glare at each other, both ready to fight, but it doesn't get that far. Kay just climbs the steel steps and lifts her title in the air to prove that she still is and will continue to be the champion. Of course that doesn't sit well with Jinny who is close to attacking Kay again,  but the scottish woman just jumps off the steps and walks away with a smirk on her face.
-------------------------------------------------------

Later in the night, the main event comes around. The match everyone has been waiting for. Davey Sunblast is going to take on Marcel Barthel. Both friends backstage just like Fabian, Alexander and WALTER. The energy is already rising as Marcel makes his way to the ring, determination in his eyes. He wants to win this match to keep potential enemies at bay. Davey, who walks out after, is also full of determination. A chance to face the NXT UK Champion doesn't come very often, so he has to take every opportunity he can get. The rest of Imperium is watching backstage since WALTER doesn't want any interferences.

The bell rings and Davey locks eyes with Marcel as they circle around the ring. They both know that the match could end quicker than expected, so they take some time to get started, trying to overpower each other in a Collar&Elbow Tie Up. Pushing back and forth, Davey manages to bring Marcel to the ropes. They stay locked for one more moment, until Davey lets go and comes running in from the opposite side of the ring, hitting Marcel with a Running Dropkick. Having shot the first bullet, business is about to pick up when Marcel gets back up and turns around, only to be kneed into the mid section one time, two times, three times before a Clothesline sends him crashing back to the ground. Davey doesn't waste any time tonight since he knows the whole thing will get harder, the longer the match goes. So he climbs to the top rope and waits for his opponent to roll over. Jumping off, Davey puts his legs forward to hit Marcel with a Diving Leg Drop. This has caused both of them pain though as the landing is much harder than it looks. The two struggle shortly as they get up and head back onto the apron. Davey sees the chance for another attack, so he charges once again,  only for Marcel to get out of the way, letting the red haired man crash left knee first into the ring post. It looks nasty live and even nastier on the replay when Daveys' knee hits the post. He's wincing in pain and crawls over to the steps to get back into the ring as well. The pain lingers, but that's not his main focus at the moment. Of course Marcel keeps that spot in mind for later as they now throw hands with each other. Jabs, elbows, forearms, everything the arm can give is used to wear each other down until Marcel switches position. He's now behind Davey and locks in a Rear Naked Choke, trying to make him pass out. The struggle is visible for everyone watching as Davey fights the resistance. He's rolling over quite aggressively and crawls over to the ropes to the best of his ability. Marcel can't believe it when Davey does it, forcing him to break the hold, so he steps back and lets the referee check on Davey. When everything seems good, the two collide once again, trying to outwrestle each other. Japanese promotions would applaude loudly at that display and so does a big part of the crowd right now. That's when things kick into higher gear as Davey locks his arms around Marcel and lifts him over for a Release German Suplex. That move creates some distance between the two, giving them time to breathe. The fans are fully behind the match, cheering both sides as time goes on. Daveys' knee feels only slightly better as Marcel is on the apron, resting his head on the top rope. That opens up another opportunity for a great moment, so Davey takes charge from the ropes and is about to kick Marcel in the chest, but by stepping up, he has put pressure on his bad leg again, forcing him to quickly divert to an Elbow Smash, sending the german to the ground. People who thought wrestling couldn't be real at all have now witnessed the the superstars themselves are regular human beings like you or me. We can get hurt in any way, so to disrespect someone because they're  'faking' something is not dedication to the sport. Everything professional fighters do could lead to injuries, paralysis or even death, so think about what to say before you say it.

Soon Marcel and Davey are face to face again. This time the final phase of the match is about to unfold. Davey has Marcel down on one knee after several kicks and twists. With nothing in the way, Davey uses Marcel's knee to step up and land a Double Knee Drop on him. He doesn't go for the pin yet though. No, Davey ascends the ropes and balances himself as Marcel is laying flat on his back. So The Firestorm From Dublin jumps, turns himself over and lands a Burning Star on Marcel, but that's not the end either as Davey transitions into the Solar Core. The combination of these moves has brought quite some victories for him and it does so again as Marcel has to tap out. The pressure and pain is too much for the german who is rolling out of the ring while Davey stands in the middle of the ring with his hands in the air. Unfortunately that celebration is cut short by the rest of Imperium coming out. Confusion hits Davey, but that goes away when he sees all three man clapping. If he can make them clap like that, he has done something right and as he exits the ring, he and Marcel shake hands showing each other the respect they deserve. They walk up the ramp, but Davey comes to a stop when he's right in front of WALTER. It seems like the austrian isn't fazed yet, but he also lifts Daveys' arms into the air to show him as the winner of tonight's main event.

With that, the show ends and the screens fades to black.