Chapter 5: The Gang Is All Here

The time for another episode of NXT UK has come and with it comes a big main event. The Internet knows, the roster knows and David knows as well. He will be with Imperium facing Gallus and Grizzled Young Veterans. That means the ring will be full, the match is going to turn into chaos and everyone will be in the middle of said ring at some point. Of course the young irish man is nervous, but he's not going to give up. This is the moment where he can finally give Gallus a piece of his mind while making an impact in the show. So when the announcer finally decides to talk, everyone is getting ready to go to the ring. Walter, Alexander Wolfe, Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner have talked to David before, saying they got his back, that he doesn't need to worry about anything. It's all coming together out there with James Drake and Zack Gibson walking out first. Those two are also people who don't like David, but they haven't given him a hard time yet. Gallus on the other hand will enjoy every minute they have to beat David. Wolfgang is smiling as he, Mark and Joe Coffey make their way to the ring. It's strange to see these two teams align, but all that fades when the music of Imperium hits. The group around Walter walks out and stops at the end of the ramp. They split into two pairs as Davey comes out. He's still very confident and gives his partners for the night a smile. They all nod to each other before storming into the ring and attacking their opponents. Davey hits Wolfgang with a Superkick, making him stumble out of the ring while Mark and Joe each get a Clothesline from Marcel and Fabian. They regroup first before Zack and James join them after one getting hit with a Dropkick by Alexander while the other earns a chop to the chest from Walter. Not only was all of this the first shot, this also means the battle will shift into a different direction soon. So Imperium stand on the apron while Davey starts for his team as Wolfgang gets in as the others gather in his corner. The ref calls for the match to start and the two legal competitors lock up. It looks like they are evenly matched until Wolfgang moves his left foot and hooks it behind Davey's, pushing harder against him and making him fall to the canvas. Wolfgang is in control at the moment as he wraps his arms around Davey's neck, slowly cutting off the oxygen. It seems bad, but Davey is strong enough to reel back and smash Wolfgang into the nearest corner. He takes a moment to breath while Wolfgang sits in the corner to recollect everything going on. That gives the red haired man an idea, so Davey backs up into the opposite corner and runs straight at his enemy, hitting him with a Hesitation Dropkick followed by an Elbow Drop. Not only does Davey want to prove to everyone how good he is, he also wants to prove that he belongs with the best. NXT UK is hard territory and some people aren't made for it, but Davey knows he can take it. He can take on everyone around and he's gonna stay. He drags Wolfgang over to Imperium and tags in Marcel, who begins a relentless assault on the leader of Gallus. Of course none of it sits well with the rest, but they can't just attack everyone. A shimmer of hope flares up as Wolfgang uppercuts Marcel and stumbles towards his own corner where he tags in James Drake. How does he start? With a Swinging Neckbreaker to Marcel, but he doesn't stop there. He drags him back up again and follows up with a Vertical Suplex. The bulkier man shows off to the rest of his opponents before turning around and throwing Marcel into the ropes. What he doesn't expect is being hit with a Forearm Smash right to the jaw. Marcel shakes his head for a second and then stomps onto James' chest over and over again,  finally dealing some damage himself. He stops when the ref gets in his way, but continues after. It could've went on like this, but Joe Coffey gets involved with a punch to the head, making Marvel fall against the ropes. The match is pretty balanced right now until Zack Gibson and Gallus storm through the ring, hitting each opponent and making them drop from the apron. Shortly after, James tags in Zack who puts Marcel on the top rope, he climbs up as well and performs a Superplex into the middle of the ring. He goes for the pin, but Fabian comes in and breaks it up. So the match continues with both teams facing off in the ring again, brawling left, right and center. The ref has given up counting people out by now as they all do what they want. It only clears when Fabian does a Double Jump Springboard Moonsault to the outside taking out Mark and Joe. Alexander pays homage to his former Sanity stable mate, Nikki Cross, by performing a Fisherman Neckbreaker on James. Now only Zack and Wolfgang are left, but their number decreases when Marcel hits Zack with a Discus Clothesline, leaving Wolfgang in the middle. He tries to flee, but gets pulled back by Davey who holds his arms, presenting him to Walter. The big man pulls the straps on Wolfgang's outfit down, revealing his bare chest when only seconds later a series of chops echoes through the entire arena. Some people cringe when they see the red hand prints, but the onslaught isn't over. Marcel and Alexander help Fabian on the outside as Walter performs a crushing Powerbomb on Wolfgang. Davey uses that time to go up to the top rope. He makes sure his prey is laid out before hitting him with the Burning Star, hooking his legs for the pin.

1...

2...

3!

It happened. Davey Sunblast and Imperium have beaten Gallus and Grizzled Young Veterans in the same match. Third week for Davey and he has already left a mark in everyone's mind. The rest of Imperium gathers in the ring, celebrating with Davey and Walter, who applauds the young man. He puts a hand on his shoulder and smiles.

Walter:" Finally I can fully welcome you to NXT UK."

Davey:" Thank you very much for the opportunity to wrestle on your side, guys. You've been great partners. I wish to have a great friendship as long as I'm here."

Marcel:" Trust us, we're all not going anywhere  any time."

Fabian:" Exactly.  Imperium won't crumble that easily. We're built to last."

They all then lift their arms and thank the crowd as the cameras go off the air.
----------------------------------------------

Backstage,  an excited Kay Lee Ray has David wrapped in a hug, congratulating him to his big win tonight. She has watched every second, cheering, fearing and especially celebrating when the final bell rang. Of course it looks a bit weird for others to see the NXT UK Womens Champion and the newest addition to the roster this close together. Flash and Mark also allow themselves some short remarks, but David doesn't reply to them until the hug is done.

Flash:" I know you two just went on your first date together, but since when are you two that close?"

Kay:" Time does things, Flash. David is not only a great friend to you after all. "

David:" Exactly. We also have some things in common and after that evening, we will definitly go out again."

Mark:" So you're going to be a thing soon or what?"

David:" It's in the works. We'll keep everything from the media, in case someone wants to stir up trouble."

The group continues to chat around, laughing, telling stories and everything while far away from them Gallus is having a bad time. Joe is holding his head, Mark is leaning against a wall while Wolfgang chuckles is gritting his teeth. The loss tonight has pushed them back quite a bit.

Wolfgang:" I can't believe it. This brat has beaten us."

Joe:" And the guys from Imperium helped him. We need to get him alone somewhere."

Wolfgang:" You just gave me an idea. Next week won't go that smooth for anyone."