Chapter 7: Fight Fire With Fire

The next week has arrived which means that it's time to go out there and kick the ass of whoever tries to stand in the way. For David,  that means a confrontation with Gallus. The three have taken the loss last week very personal, so their vendetta against him marches on. Now does that mean anything? Yes, it means the first match for the next Takeover is being planned. David has thought about how it would be to perform in front of such dedicated fans. The lights on one of NXT UK's biggest stages will shine bright as he would march down to the ring. But that thought is halted for now because Kay and Alexander have joined the red haired man at the moment.

Alexander:" Hey David, how are you tonight?"

David:" I'm alright so far. A bit nervous because I don't know what to expect from Wolfgang and his goons. He's probably still mad."

Kay:" Can't take a loss, now can he? I don't know what he thinks he needs to prove, but it's not going to stop you. "

David:" You're right. The three are just talking crap out there with no substance behind it."

Alexander:" But don't underestimate any of them. Last week you had me and Imperium in your corner, but we can't be out there with you all the time."

David:" I know. And I also know that I will put all of them to sleep sooner than expected."

Kay:" Well, don't let them wait too long. Wolfgang is already about to speak."

--------------------------------------------------

Gallus has entered the ring and none of them look happy. They'd rather tear apart the next person they come across, but that has to wait for now as Wolfgang lifts a mic to his mouth.

Wolfgang:" I don't know who any of you think you are, supporting the heroes of every show while people like us are treated like trash. We have dominated NXT UK before and we will do it again. Now...there is just one thing that irks me. One person behind that curtain thinks he can run wild out here and make it big in just a few weeks. I think you know who."

Joe:" So Davey Sunblast, we have a problem with you. Ever since you stepped foot into the WWE, you have cut loose a storm. You have gotten all these people to like you, you've got support from Imperium of all stables. But what do you hope to do here anyways? Are you going to be the next breakout star? Are you looking to live up to the hype? Or will you fall flat on your face like so many others before you?"

Wolfgang:" Now I'd like to talk to you face to face, so come out here NOW!"

The three turn towards the stage and soon, their wish is fulfilled as Davey makes his way out. Of course the crowd is completely behind him which sets Wolfgang off again.

Wolfgang:" Cut the music! What in the blue hell are you thinking, taking spotlight from performers who are better th---"

Davey:" Let me stop you right there, big guy. I came here to wrestle with the best. You and your idiots of lackeys fired the first shot back there. I merely defended myself until now."

Wolfgang:" Wrestle with the best, huh? The best team NXT UK has is right in front of you!"

Davey:" Then let me issue a challenge.  Why don't you three take me on in a Three-On-One Gauntlet Match? If you win, I will not interfere in any of your doings anymore. If I win, you three stay away from me and any of my friends."

Wolfgang:" You will regret that decision once we beat you, little man. I accept!"

Mark/Joe:" So do I!"

Davey:" Then there is nothing else for us to discuss here. Just let me do this."

Since Davey stands at the end of the ramp, he's looking up right into their faces. What follows is an act of disrespect as Davey spits right into Wolfgang's face and walks back up the ramp, giving a polite bow to the crowd while Gallus is even more furious than they were before. It feels good for the irish man as he chuckles and walks backstage.
------------------------------------------------

Later that night Johnny Saint has announced a contract signing between Davey and Gallus for their match at the coming Takeover. Back out of character, David takes a sip from the water bottle he took just a moment ago. Despite not having competed, he feels a bit drained. Not only will his dream come true, he also has to beat three opponents in one match. It's not long until he looks at his phone and sees a text from his uncle, Sheamus.

Sheamus:" Hello there, David. I've seen you causing some trouble over in NXT UK and I had to stop myself from laughing when you spat into this guys' face. I wanted to congratulate you on signing with WWE and for making it this far. If you've got the time, we could do something together as relatives, you know? Let me hear from you soon.

Uncle Sheamus.
--- sent 9:30 pm---- "

Of course David doesn't wait too long and replies, saying a big 'Thank You' to his uncle. He wouldn't even be here without him and that he would love to do something with him again soon. Since the weekend is coming up, David suggests that Saturday will be their day and that he would welcome Sheamus back. David has watched the videos on Youtube, so he knows his uncle is doing well away from the ring.