Chapter 23: Ashes Of Eden

Another Saturday is around and this time, David will introduce Kay to his uncle Sheamus. It's been a while since the two have seen each other and since Sheamus asked about the man's love life, the time has come to talk to him once again. David has requested that the three shall meet at the park for the meeting and Kay as well as Sheamus have accepted, with the Celtic Warrior saying to be there at 10:30 a.m. in case they need some time to prepare themselves. It's always a bit weird at first to get to know the family of your significant other, because you never know, if they'll like you or not. Being at best behavior and dressed in nice clothes is still sitting like a parasite in most people's traditions since that's how the british/irish culture has always been. Despite being good at drinking and having a good time, they also know how to be serious when it comes to family.

David is currently in the bathroom, cutting his beard a bit into shape as Kay debates over what to wear. Never before has it been so important to choose an outfit for the day and after David has told her about how everything went in his family, she needs to try her best at making a good first impression.

Kay:" I don't know what to wear. David, can you give me your opinion?"

David:" Just a moment, sweetheart. I'll just clean the sink and then get to you."

Said and done. David washes away the hair he has cut off and cleans everything he needed for it, before putting it away. He smiles and walks into the living room where Kay is holding two entirely different outfits.

1.

2

2.

Kay:" Which one do you think is better?"

David:" I didn't even know you had such clothes."

Kay:" Of course I have, silly. I have to take things that are appropriate for the weather. So? What's your choice?"

David:" The second outfit. It fits better for this season and...you'll look much cuter in it."

Kay:" I look cute in all of my clothes. Don't try to deny that."

With a short chuckle, David also picks out some clothes for the day and puts them on. Despite not having had breakfast yet, their excitement is off the charts. Neither Kay, nor David can stop smiling, although the scottish woman being nervous. It's one of these situations where anything can happen.
--------------------------------------------------------

After getting a bite to eat, the couple heads out into the world, hands laced together. It's a bit chilly outside, so they definitly have chosen the right attires. Fond memories of their second date flood back and ever since, the park has become their favorite spot for various reasons. The lake in it is always great to look at because it reflects the light in a way they never experienced before, the trees cover them in shade when the time is right and due to some clearings in the park itself, there's always room to party or to just look at the night sky. Just a moment later and they hear the irish accent of Sheamus from the right. He's looking well and is also smiling widely at his nephew as they hug each other.

David:" It's great to see you again, Sheamus. You're looking to be in great shape."

Sheamus:" I am, my boy. Nothing can stop me and my Warrior Workouts on YouTube. And as I see, you brought the lady who stole your heart."

Kay:" That's me, Sir. Kay Lee Ray, NXT UK Womens Champion and David's girlfriend."

Sheamus:" Someone please hit me over the head and call me Sally."

And that's what happens as David lightly slaps Sheamus over the head.

David:" All done, Sally."

Sheamus:" Ha ha, very funny. Anyways, it's nice to meet you, Kay. David always says many great things about you."

Kay:" Does he? Oh, now I need to know what exactly he said."

She giggles at the dumbfounded expression on David's face as the three start to walk around in the park. That's a great start to the conversation, lightening the mood a little as they talk about everything they can possibly come up with. Where Kay comes from, how her school life and early wrestling career was and how everything is going at the moment. Of course there are also a few jabs at hers and David's relationship, but that's not completely the focus at the time. The fact that Kay is from Scottland doesn't vorher Sheamus at all, he's just as Open as the rest of the family and that calms the young woman very much.
---------------------------------------------------------

Soon the three reach the point where the focus hangs on Takeover Birmingham. Sheamus has seen the match card for it and congratulates both of them for making it this far in NXT UK. There's still a damn lot to come for everyone, but he's confident that Kay and David will beat their opponents.

Sheamus:" A 30 minute Ironman match and an Extreme Rules match. I know you both can take a lot of damage, but are you absolutely sure you're up for these matches? I mean sure, you could beat WALTER and Jinny respectively."

Kay:" I know I can and I will. This girl has played around long enough, I will be the one to end that little game with a win."

David:" And I know that anything can happen. WALTER has IMPERIUM in the back, but I have Moustache Mountain, Mark and Flash as back up. He may be the Ring General, but I am the Firestorm From Dublin. And I know how to use these objects that will be available to us."

Sheamus:" I see. So you each have a Plan?"

Kay:" Absolutely!"

David:" I always have one."

Sheamus:" That's how I like it. Why don't we go somewhere warm? It's getting closer to lunch after all."

And so, the trio head towards the closest restaurant to warm up and to eat. It has been an enjoyable few hours so far and Sheamus seems to have accepted Kay already. It's funny to see, because other couples have a hard time to win someone over.

-------------------------------------------
The end of this story is drawing closer, everyone. I will split Takeover Birmingham into two parts, with Kay's match in the first and David's match in the last.

Please stay until the last chapter. Enjoy reading and I will see you soon.
---------------------------------------------