Chapter 12: A New Rival

With the weekend passing and David and Kay finally being an official couple, the whole wrestling world is more on fire than before. Fans and critics have been assured that they're going all the way, the two even uploaded their first picture together just wednesday before the show. The caption to it was a mix of cute and savage, putting everyone on notice as a joke. Neither Kay, nor David want to start any trouble. They just poked fun at others and the exchanges on social media were all in good spirits. Of course some people take such stuff the wrong way, hating on the people involved.

The evening of the show starts pretty swiftly. It's a rewind of Takeover Blackpool, taking a look at every match for a minute or two before the action starts with Jordan Devlin facing Noam Dar. David is currently tying his shoes when the door opens and Tyler Bate and Trent Seven walk in. The three look at each other before shaking hands. Trent and Tyler have been looking at David's matches over the last few weeks and, so far, they seem impressed.

David:" To what do I owe this honor, gentlemen?"

Tyler:" We wanted to congratulate you on defeating Gallus in a single match. It must have been hard to endure this much impact."

Trent:" Exactly. Wolfgang and the Coffey brothers have been causing enough trouble ever since. It feels much better now that you showed them their place."

David:" They have poked the wrong bear, if I may say so. These three may have put others on notice when they came here, but now there's a new sheriff in town. I'm just not sure where to go from here."

Trent:" Well, whatever may come tonight, you're going to give it your best. I believe that."

Tyler:" So do I. You will overcome that challenge. NXT UK will be your Kingdom in the near future."

David:" Thank you, guys. I'd love to have a match with you some day."

Tyler:" I think we can arrange that. We'd just have to talk with Johnny Saint and maybe get it done."

Trent:" Alright, we have to go now. Pete and the two of us will face Kenny Williams and The Hunt."

David:" Good luck then. I heard The Hunt aren't to be messed with either, but British Strong Style will reign."

They then wave goodbye and David gets the rest of his gear on, getting ready for whatever challenge comes. Of course there are a lot of possibilities, but the young irish man hasn't gotten a look at the script for this episode.
------------------------------------------------------

After two matches and a few backstage segments, it's time for Davey to go out and adress the matter at hand. Now that Gallus is history, he needs another challenge. The roster is doing good, earning more and more members over time. Right now the show has been pretty exciting with Noam Dar and British Strong Style winning their matches. Kay has also found a new challenger in Nina Samuels. Their confrontation was heated, but it didn't evolve into a brawl. Entering the ring with the reigning NXT Womens Champion is a tough feat in itself, but the clash between them will be hard.

Davey is in the ring now too, enjoying the cheers from the crowd. They have supported him this far, they probably will continue to support him further. Then again, his smile is infectious towards everyone around as he begins to talk.

Davey:" Oh, isn't it wonderful? For the few out there who haven't seen Takeover Blackpool: Gallus is done! They won't disturb me ever again. Joe does that make you feel?"

The fans go wild and thank Davey for that as he chuckles from the reaction he's getting.

Davey:" No no, you don't have to thank me. Thank our General Manager for putting this match on the card. Buuut now I'm looking for a different challenge. I don't want the lower ranks, I want the best. The best NXT UK has to offer. So...who is man enough to step up?"

Davey turns to the stage, waiting for someone to come out and before he can say anything else, the music of his new rival hits. Out comes none other than...Kassius Ohno. It's probably not what Davey expected, but a welcome opponent nonetheless.

Kassius:" Davey...You say what now? You say you want to fight the best? Then look no further. All of these people know I can kick your ass."

Davey:" And who are you again? I don't think you were important the last few months."

Kassius:" My name is Kassius Ohno and you know you will regret making fun of me."

Davey:" Then show me what you can do in a match next week. How about that? You, me, in the middle of the ring?"

Kassius:" I accept, but don't Go crawling to the GM when I knock you out."

That's the last for now as Kassius leaves the arena while Davey drops the mic and lets himself be celebrated from the crowd. The commentary team is also talking about the sudden intrusion of the Knockout Artist. It's hard to see through Kassius since he has taken many people to their limits, remembering his match with William Regal a few years ago. Davey isn't really shocked because of this, but he knows the fight will be hard, they will go through a lot of pain coming from every single kind of bone in their bodies.