Drift away

Louisa's p.o.v

I smile big and say "Steven, it worked!" I would've said more, but I see him looking horrible "Steven" I say as I help him up. "I'm fine, don't worry about me!" He says, trying to stand on his own, but almost falls, so I put his arm around my shoulders. "It's Spinel, we need her to remember how to stop her injector, Pearl what do you know about her?" Steven asks. The turtles come onto the stage as Pearl says "Spinel? She was Pink Diamonds little playmate. They used to spend ages together in Pink's garden-" "garden?" Leo asks confused at the word.

Pearl gasps, so I stop her and say "they're good, on your side, so am I, just continue with Spinel" she hesitantly nods and says "that's where they used to play." Amethyst interrupts asking "so what's her problem with us?" Pearl looks at her shocked but answers "I don't know. I haven't seen her in six-thousand years!" Well she's not much help, but at least she's not my servant. Steven then gives us a determined look "that's what I need to find out" he tries to walk. He can't really get far without me though, so I help him walk towards Lion, and he could barely hang on.

"Steven I'm coming with you" I say as I snap my fingers to turn my hair back to normal, but it's still mostly purple. Donnie nods "if she's going, I'm coming too" I sigh, but Steven let's us come since he's not doing good on his own. Amethyst tries to stop us though "it looks like that fusion took everything out of you!" I shake my head. "When we get Spinel back, I'll keep an eye on Steven" I say and turn my vision purple as I look at them seriously. "I have to do what I can with what little I have left" is what Steven answers with as Donnie and I help him on Lion while turning my vision back to normal.

Pearl tries to stop us one last time, but Raph puts an hand on her shoulder "that girl may look weak, but she is pretty powerful. She has powers no human has, not to mention she just helped get you and shorty back." Amethyst and Mikey nod, agreeing with Raph, so that's when we finally left, well after Garnet gave me Stevens coat. I tried to hand it to him, but he refused to take it, so I just put it on, Donnie hung on as we got out of the warehouse. "Oh, Steven! Some stragglers are missing from the shelters" the mayor says to us, I looked left, Donnie looked right.

Steven looks at her and asks "did you see a pink gem run by?" I look to where she's pointing, and steer Lion that way. I look around as I hear Steven say "just this morning everything was perfect, why did everything have to change?" I look back at him with a smile. Donnie looks ahead and says "look up there" while pointing at this dome that's by Stevens house. "I want my happily ever after back!" Is all Steven says as I make Lion stop at a distance away. "That might be her" Steven says as he tries to get off of Lion, but he almost fell, so I jump and help him stand.

"Go find Connie, we need all hands on deck" Donnie jumped off in time as Lion did as I told him, he surprisingly listened to me, and we start walking to the dome. "Spinel?" Donnie asked as we peer our heads in to see her on the warp pad, her back facing us. I help Steven walk over as I ask "what's wrong?" She looks back at us with tears flowing down her face. I let Donnie hold Steven up as I put my arm around her shoulders "it's okay, just tell us what's wrong." She nods and explains "I just started getting these feelings flooding back to me" she grabs her head.

I rub her back as Donnie and Steven walk towards us "that-that's good! I need you to remember, if you don't, something bad will happen to me and my home." Spinel looked even more upset when Steven put his weight on her, it was only to put a comforting hand on her though. "Please think!" Steven says as Donnie holds him back and asks "do you remember the garden?" Her eyes widened. "The garden?" She asked "is anything coming back to you?" I ask after her, she smiled, then frowned. We look around as we get warped "Spinel, where are we going?" Steven asked looking at us.

I hung onto her, just so I won't go flying back, and notice she's still crying "back.... to where I never left" I look hug her for comfort. When we finally got to wherever the warp pad was taking us I fell to the ground with Donnie. Steven and Spinel look ahead as Donnie and I try to get up, the warp pad feels so weird, not the good kind either. Donnie helped me up as we start following Spinel to see if she remembers anything. She starts explaining everything about her with Pink in the garden, but I decide to ask "why didn't you go with her?" She starts to sing her answer.

"'Here in the garden
Let's play a game
I'll show you how it's done
Here in the garden
Stand very still
This'll be so much fun'
And then she smiled
That's what I'm after
A smile in her eyes
The sound of her laughter
Happy to listen
Happy to play
Happily watching her drift away"

At this point I'm crying at her story, that made the three of them cry too, but they ignored it as Spinel comforted me as she sang-

"Happily waiting
All on my own
Under the endless sky
Counting the seconds
Standing alone
As thousands of years go by
Happily wondering
Night after night
Is this how it works?
Am I doing it right?
Happy to listen
Happy to stay
Happily watching her drift away"

I wipe away my tears as I think of Adventure Time, this is one of the saddest references to the show right now.....

"You keep on turning pages for people who don't care
People who don't care about you
And still, it takes you ages to see that no one's there
See that no one's there
Everyone's gone on without you"

I sigh as I grab my arms for comfort, Donnie puts his arm around my shoulders, but we still follow as Spinel sings-

"Finally something
Finally news
About how the story ends
She doesn't exist now
Survived by her son
And all of her brand new friends
Isn't that lovely?
Isn't that cool?
And aren't I a fool to have
Happily listened
Happy to stay"

I notice her do the same as me, grabbing her arms for comfort, as she sings-

"Happily watching her drift

DriftDrift away."

As she sang that, she looked like she was remembering everything, I cried even more at this, but I decided to show the reference to Adventure time......

Tbc

Okay you guys, I have no idea if you know the reference, but now I hope I can serve you another chapter again soon!

~ILoveFood