(Tanjiro)

//

You're currently looking for Tanjiro because Tomioka-san told you to fetch him. You want to say no to him but ofcourse, you can't do that. You instantly remember maybe that he's in Shinobu-san's house because you always see him there. You immediately go there and within ten minutes, you already reached it. You saw that the gate is open so you just went inside directly, they also already knew you, so it's okay.

As you entered inside, you saw Zenitsu, Tanjiro's friend. You scared him and as usual he screamed loudly. Talking about scaredy-cat. He playfully hit your shoulder. "What's your problem, (Y/N)-chan?" he asked, yelling.

"Nothing, scaredy-brat. I just want to ask something." You answered casually.

"I hate you. Just spill it." he said while pouting.

"Ugh, stop pouting! You look like a stupid-dog and don't worry, i hate you too. By the way, is Tanjiro-kun here?"

"Hmp. Yes, he's here. What do you want from here?" he asked confusedly, then he widened his eyes. "W-wait don't tell me, you're here to hurt him again with your words? I'm still mad about you." he said, yelling at your face.

You too. You're still mad at yourself from hurting him but you just shrugged it off. You whacked Zenitsu's head.

"Shut up. Stop spouting non-sense, Zenitsu. For your information, Tomioka-san sent me to fetch him." you said, rolling your eyes at the blonde-guy in front of you.

"Ooooooh. He's at the backyard with, my adorable Nezuko-chan and Kanao-san."

You noticed that when he said the name of Kanao, it's feel like he's teasing you. So you raised your brow at him. "What's with the tone?" You asked in annoyance.

"Nothing much. I just want to tell you that lately he's been spending his time with Kanao-san. I admit, they look cute together. (Y/N)-chan can't relate." then he laughed his lungs off.

You felt a fang of jealousy inside but ofcourse you just ignored it. "What's your point, stupid dog?" You asked, glaring.

"I want you to feel jealous and regret on rejecting him."

"As if."

He laughed again. "Awww. (Y/N)-chan is indenial." he said while stucking his tounge out.

"You- but before you can do anything to him, he already run away from you. You stomped your feet furiously. It feels like you lose to that scaredy-cat. You remind yourself that the next time you'll see Zenitsu, you will cut him into pieces.

Sighing, you just went to where Tanjiro is. You already saw him with his cute little demon sister, Nezuko, she's sunproof by the way. Then you saw him talking to Kanao. You starred at Tanjiro's face, adorable as ever. He's wearing a big smile. You will really notice that he's very happy and it hurts you so much. It's hurt to see him happy and you're not the reason of it but it's your fault anyway. You pushed him away, remember?

You went where they are and you call him. "Tanjiro-kun!" You said happily while waving your hands to them. They looked at you. It seems he's surprised to see you again. You just smile at him.

"What brings you here, (Y/N)-san?"

"Uhm, Tomioka-san sent me to fetch you. I think he will said something to you."

He nodded. He said to Nezuko and Kanao, that he will come back later. You walked together. Awkward. The atmosphere between you two is very awkward.

Tanjiro broke the silence first. He asked you a question, causing for you to glance at him. "How are you? It's been a while since I saw you." he asked not looking at you.

Yes, it's been a while since that day, he stopped talking to you. You can't blame him. You said harsh words to him. He admitted his feelings for you but because of the pressure that your feeling, you rejected him. You told him that, you don't deserve him. You don't deserve a weak and useless like him, but ofcourse that's a lie. The one who's weak and useless here is you. You just said that so he can easily move-on from you. To be honest, you like him too but for now, you don't have a time for that kind of thing. You just want to focus on being a demon slayer. You want to be a part of the Pillars.

Giving a fake smile. "I'm okay. How about you?"

He laughed softly. "I'm okay too. Uhm (Y/N)-san, don't exert yourself too much, okay? I believe, someday you'll gonna be a pillar. A very strong pillar." he said cheerfully.

"Thank you. Don't also exert yourself too much. I also want to say sorry. You know, for everything."

You flinched when he hold your hand. "It's okay. Don't worry about that and I'm very happy, right now." he said while blushing as he removed his hand from you.

Happy? Zenitsu is right, I can't relate. "That's good to hear, Tanjiro-kun. You deserve to be happy." While for you, you don't deserve it.

"You too, (Y/N)-san."

Any minute you can feel the tears will flow from your eyes and before that happen, you said goodbye to him. "Tanjiro-kun, can you go ahead first? I just remember that I need to do something. I'm really sorry." and before he can answer, you walked away faster. Tears rolling down from your face.

Despite of that, you're still glad because he's happy. And for you, you're just wait for the moment for you to feel that happiness too.

//