(Obanai Part 2)

It's been two weeks since that incident happened. Everything seems back to normal. Obanai is fully recovered so you always saw him again with Mitsuri, but he's still ignoring you. You're currently on your way to Master Kagaya's house because he called you. When you arrived in his house, you saw the Pillars including Obanai and Mitsuri. You immediately approached and bowed to them, showing your respect to the higher-ups, then Mitsuri approached you happily.

"(Y/N)-san, it's so nice to see you again. What brought you here?"

"Master Kagaya called me to come here and I don't know why."

"I see. By the way, (Y/N)-san. I really want to say thank you." She said then grabbed your right hand.

Her gestures confused you. "Why are you thanking me, Ms. Mitsuri?"

"For everything. If it wasn't you, Iguro-san will never notice me. To be honest, I thought he likes you. I'm always jealous because he's always with you. You two are very close but with your help he noticed me."

A sad smile appeared on your lips. You grabbed her hand too. "It's nothing. It's just a small thing and after all, you two look good together. I'm wishing all the happiness to the both of you." You said sincerely.

"Thank you so much, (Y/N)-san, but I just want to ask you something. Uhm, have you ever liked him? If you don't mind."

Her question startled you, so you removed your hand to her grip. "No. I never liked him. He's just a friend to me. Don't worry." You said showing your fake smile. If there's an award for being a best actress, for sure you will win it.

"That's a relief. I just don't want to hurt somebody. Sorry for asking that question."

"It's okay. By the way, I'll just go over there while waiting for Master. Excuse me." and with that you bowed to her and turned your back.

After a couple of minutes waiting, Master Kagaya arrives together with her daughter. You immediately stood up and together with the Hashiras, you all bowed and greeted him. He greeted back and ordered you all to stand up.

"It's nice to see you all together and (Y/N)-san is here too. Thank you for coming." He said with his soothing voice.

"It's my pleasure, Master, but if you don't mind. Why did you call me?"

"I will assign you to be Iguro's partner for his mission."

"Master, how about Ms. Mitsuri? She's Obanai's partner, right?"

"About that, she will accompany Rengoku." then he averted his gaze to Mitsuri. "You don't mind right, Kanroji?" then Mitsuri instantly nodded.

Before you can answer, Obanai interrupted. "(Y/N), stop being rude. You don't the rights to say no Master's order." He said seriously.

You can't do anything because he's right. You sighed heavily. "Yeah right. Okay, Master. I'm sorry too for being rude."

He just smiled at you. "It's okay, (Y/N). You two can leave now. Take care to the both of you."

You two immediately gave your final bow to him, then Obanai suddenly speak.

"Let's go, (Y/N), and please don't get in my way." then he started walking away. He left you dumbfounded, stomping your feet, you followed him.

An awkward atmosphere lingers to the both you. No one wants to start a conversation. You stared at the sky and you noticed that it's dark. Great, it looks like a heavy rain will come. You can't stand it anymore, so you talk to him.

"Obanai, what is your mission? I'm just curious."

"You don't need to know." He answered without looking at you.

"Wow, so rude. FYI, I need to know it because I'm involved here." You said rolling your eyes.

"I don't want to answer. Can you shut up? You're so annoying."

You pouted because of his answer. "Hmp. I'm just asking." then you start sulking. You want to punch him for being rude to you but you can't do that. Suddeny, you heard a loud thunder with lightning, causing for you to scream and run to Obanai to hug him. He jumped a little on your actions but you don't care, you really hate thunders. You're scared of it. You hug him very tight as if your life depends on him. He hugged you back while mumbling. "Shhhh. I'm here." You started to calm down. You missed this, he always do this when you're scared. After a minute, you removed yourself from his embrace.

"Uhm, sorry and thank you." You said looking away while blushing.

"It's nothing. So, until now you're scared of thunders?"

You glared at him. "Who wouldn't? It's scary."

"Fine." then he offered his hand to you.

"What I'm going to do that?"

"Hold my hand. We need to get going. So are you going to hold it or not?"

You took his hand because you don't have a choice and deep inside you want to hold it. "Thank you."

"Nevermind." and with that, you two started walking.

"I miss this." You blurted suddenly.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"This. Holding your hands. It's been a while since I hold this." You said smiling.

"Ahh. Honestly, me too. I miss holding your hands, not only your hands. I miss you too." He said without looking at you.

"Really? Well, I miss you more."

He stopped walking causing for you to stopped too. He looks directly into your eyes. "I'm really sorry for being mean to you."

"It's nothing. You don't need to say sorry."

"No. I shouldn't do that. I should understand you. I heard you and Kanroji awhile ago, she asked you if you ever liked me. You never liked me. It hurts but I need to accept it. I can't force you to have feelings for me."

"I'm sorry." You said while bowing your head. You want to admit your true feelings for him but you can't do it. Afterall, you're already happy for him.

"You don't need to say sorry and it's okay. I have Kanroji now and I'm happy with her. Maybe, we're not really meant for each other."

"Yes. Maybe we're really destined to be friends, and I'm happy for you and Ms. Mitsuri. You two really look good together."

"Thank you, (Y/N). I hope you'll find your own happiness too." He said smiling.

"Me too. Take care of her, okay? Ms. Mitsuri is so nice and beautiful. If you hurt her, I'll punch you."

"Of course, I won't hurt her."

"You should and one more thing, you should start moving on from me." You said teasingly.

He glared at you. "Whatever, (Y/N). By the way, are we good now? Friends?"

"Only friends? How about more than friends?"

"What do you mean?" He said blushing.

"I mean, ultra mega bestfriend like before."

"Ohhh. That's right. Sure."

"Why, are you expecting something?"

He smacked your head. "I hate you." and with that he started walking away.

You started laughing histerically. "Hey, Obanai-chichi, where are you going?"

He stopped from walking and looked at you again. "To our destination and I told you, don't call me that. It's annoying."

"It's not. It's cute, it suits you, and don't leave me. I'm afraid of the thunders, right?"

"I don't care." and with that he started walking away again. A wide smile appeared on your lips. You immediately run so you can catch up with him. Like what he said, you two were really not meant for each other, but still you're happy because you two are back to being friends again.

//

Note: This is how it ends. Reader and Obanai, didn't really end up together. Hope you like it. 💜💜💜