(Tanjiro)

//

A harrowing pain lingers all over your body. It's been two days since they castigated your body by lashing it many times. Who did that to you? It's your own mother, believe it or not but it's the truth. Now, you're in a storage room by yourself, your feet is being chained-up, it's very dark and hot inside the room, and they locked you. How did it started? Well, it started when you found out their darkest secret. You grew up in a wealthy family, you can get all you want. At first, you didn't care where their money came from, you're just a child afterall so you don't understand what's really happening, but it changed when you reached thirteen years old. You discovered the real job of your mother, the reason why you loathed her. She work for demons, the human eating monster. She will order her followers to captured human (specially those kids and women because some demon love it most) and they will sell it to the demons with a very high price. Ofcourse, you condemned her job, it's illegal and immoral but she didn't listen to you. You warned her that if they don't stop what they're doing, you will report them to the authorities, and because of that she decided to imprison you. You're a prisoner for almost four years because you're seventeen years old now. You despised her, she took your own freedom.

You heard noises coming from the living room, it seems they captured victims again. They're capturing their victims by luring it, they will offer a help by bringing them to this house, little did they know it's just a bait. You suddenly heard a familiar voice, you heard it somewhere. You widened your eyes as you realized who's the owner of that voice, it's Tanjiro. The boy you met two days ago, when you run away. You bumped into him that night, you want to ask for a help but you don't want his life to be in danger, so you lied. You said that you just want to stroll around to unwind because you had a little fight with your mother. He scold you by saying that you should not go outside on evening because it's very dangerous. He decided to invite you to come with him, while walking you had a conversation with him. You found out that his whole family got murder by a demon and the only one who left is his little sister, Nezuko. He also said that Nezuko turned into a demon, she's the one who's inside the box he's carrying on his back, but she's not like those other demons who devour human. Instead of being scared, you amazed by his determination and his love for his little sister, he said that he will do anything to turn his sister to normal. You also tell him a story but you just made it up all. When you arrived on your destination, you mesmerized on the view that welcome you, it's breathtaking. You're in a top of a mountain but you can see the whole city across of it. It's fascinating, this is the first time you saw this again after four years. You're very happy but your sightseeing interrupted when you saw a familiar man, it's one of your mother's follower. You immediately bid your goodbye to Tanjiro, you don't want him to see you together, they might hurt him too.

You need to save Tanjiro but first you need to get rid of these chain in your feet. You won't allow them to hurt those two. You look for something that will help to break these chain, then you suddenly saw a hammer, so even if you're struggling you reach for it. A victory smile appeared on your lips when you finally have it. You pounded the chains with all your strength, you keep on doing it. You don't care if your hand is already hurting, the only thing that matters to you is to break this. After trying so many times, you broke it already. You immediately stood up, now you need to think of ways to get you out of this room. You suddenly remember that there's a big window in this room, you searched for it. Bingo! There it is, a huge thick black curtain is covering it. You walked closer to it still holding the hammer in your hand and shoved it. You slowly took a glimpse on what's happening outside, it's very quiet. You landed your eyes on the living room, you saw Tanjiro and the other guy. You assumed that your mother is outside, maybe doing a transactions with a certain demon. You took a deep breath, you started to hit the lock on the window too, but you're doing it carefully because they might hear you. The padlock in this window is already rusty, so you didn't have the hard time of breaking it. You carefully removed the lock then slowly open it, and you went outside. You carefully walk through the hallway, preventing of producing sounds from your footsteps. You also grabbed the vase that you saw because you didn't bother to bring the hammer, when you reached the living room you immediately saw Tanjiro, he also saw you and he seems so surprised. You sign him to stay quiet, you walked closer to the guy and hit him in his head.

"Tanjiro, we need to go before my mom come back. Hurry up." You said panicking.

"(Y/N)-san? What are you doing here? What happened to you? Why did you hit that guy?" He asked confusedly.

You grabbed his hand. "I'll explain it you later, Tanjiro-kun. We need to get out of here. It's dangerous here." And with that, you dragged him by running. You keep on running until you two are far away enough from your house. You decided to take a rest first.

"So (Y/N)-san, if you don't mind. Can you explain what's going on?"

You sighed heavily then you explained to him the whole situation. All those suffering you've experienced with the hand of your own mother. You cried in front of him. You're so happy because you knew that you're already free. You startled when he hugged you suddenly, causing for you to blush. He pulled away from the hug and he's also blushing.

"U-uhm what was that for?" You said shyly while wiping your tears.

"S-sorry. I just want to hug you. Im sorry if it made you uncomfortable." He said bowing his head.

You smiled. "No. I don't mind. Thank you, Tanjiro."

"(Y/N)-san, I'll offer you something. Come with me in a Demon Slayer Corps they can help you." He said then he explained everything about them. "Our job is to slay demons but about your mother they might surrender her to the government, after all she's a human."

You chuckled. "I don't mind if they will kill her. For me, she's a demon too."

"Don't say that. She's still your mother."

You smiler bitterly. "You're right."

"So how about we go ahead? I mean, as of now they're searching for us already. It's dangerous to stay here." He said and stood up. He offered his hand to you. "Come with me, (Y/N)-san. From now, you, Nezuko and me we'll be together. I'll protect you both." He said while smiling.

You took his hand giving him a wide smile. "Sure. I'll come with you." and with that you both started walking with a big smile on your faces.

//

[requested by: MayMikan] 💜💜💜