(Obanai)

//

You're combing your (h/length) (h/color) while humming your favorite song. You're currently in a butterfly estate and you just finished assisting those injured demon slayers from the previous fight they had. You almost drop your comb when someone approached you.

"(Name)! (Name)!" That's Aoi and it looks like she's in hurry.

"Calm down, Aoi. What happened?"

She took a deep breath. "Shinobu-sama is looking for you."

"Huh? Why?"

"Iguro-sama is awake. So, come with me."

You looked at her in surprise. "Really?"

"Yes. Come on! Let's go." and she starts dragging you. You let her dragged you and you don't mind it because you're very happy. Obanai got a severe head injury from the fight causing him to be in a state of comatose and it's been two weeks. It didn't take long for the two of you to reach his room. As you entered his room, you saw him sitting. You greeted Shinobu and after that you stood beside him.

"Obanai, how are you feeling? Are you hurt? I'm very thankful that you're awake already. I'm so worried about you."

He's just staring at you. This time Shinobu is the one who speaks. "Iguro-san, tell us how you feeling."

"I'm okay, Shinobu. My head just hurts a little but overall, I'm fine." He answered without looking at her.

"It's good to hear. You just need to rest more and drink your medicines so you can fully recover." then she looks at you. "(Name)-san, me and Aoi will take our leave. If you need something just call me, okay?"

"Yes. Thank you, Shinobu-sama." then she went outside with Aoi. Now, you and Iguro are the only one left in room. You feel nervous and you don't know why. You turned to Obanai again. "Do you need something, Obanai?"

"No. I don't have but can I ask you something?" and you nodded at him. "Who are you?"

You stared at him in disbelief. "What are you saying, Obanai? Please, that's not a good joke." This can't be happening.

"No. I really don't know who you are." He said in a serious tone.

Tears start brimming in your eyes. "Obanai, stop saying nonsense." Your left palm starts forming into a fist.

"I'm not saying nonsense. I really don't know you. So, who are you?"

You can't help it, you're crying already. "Nothing. I'll go ahead. Rest well." and you turned your back on him but before you can walked away, he speaks again.

"You're (Name), right? The girl that I love so much."

This time, you faced him again and he's smiling at you teasingly. "Hi, (Name). I miss you."

"Do you think it's funny?" then you threw the comb that you're holding at him and it hits his head.

"Hey, why did you do that?"

"Serves you right! That's not funny! You jerk!" You heard him laughed. "Wow, you're so happy, huh? Mind to share it so I can be happy too?" You said sarcastically while wiping your tears.

"You're so cute, (Name). Come here sit with me." with a grumpy face, you sit beside him and he hugs you immediately. "I'm sorry. I just want to tease you." You distanced yourself to him and hit him on his shoulder. "What was that for?"

"Do that again and I will cut you into pieces."

He pinched your nose. "Yes, Ma'am!"

"By the way, I miss you too. Are you sure that you're okay?"

"Yes. I'm okay though my head hurts more because you just threw your comb to me."

"It's your fault, anyway."

"I know. Wait? Where's Kaburamaru? I miss him too."

"He's in your house. I'll bring him later."

He took your right hand and kissed it. "(Name), I'm really sorry."

"I already forgave you."

"No. I mean, sorry for making you worried and thank you for always taking care of me. I'm so lucky to have you."

"You should and about taking care of you, it's nothing. It's my job to take care of you. What are you saying? I'm not complaining about it. I love taking care of you and I'll never get tired of it."

"What did I do to deserve you?"

You chuckled on what he said. "Gosh, why so cheesy, Obanai?"

"As if you're not." You just made face on him. "I just want to know something. Can I ask you again?"

"What is it this time?"

"What will you do if I really can't remember you?"

You looked at him seriously. "I will use my breathing technique to hit you in your head."

"I'm serious here, (Name)."

"Who says I'm not serious?"

"(Name)!"

"Fine. Geez! Ofcourse, I will cry, who wouldn't? but it doesn't mean that I will give up. I'll do my best to help you to remember me again."

"I see, but i think it's impossible for me to forget you. Yes, maybe my mind will forget you but not my heart."

"Where did you learn that cheesy lines, Obanai?"

"What?" He asked irritatedly.

"Nothing. I said, you're so cute."

"I'm not."

"If you say so. By the way, I'll go ahead."

"Where are you going? Are you going to leave me?" He said frowning.

"Stop being so dramatic. I'll just go to your house and get some of your clothes. I'll also get Kaburamaru."

"Okay."

You stood up and let him lay down. You also fix his blanket. "Wait for me, okay? I'll be quick." then you kissed him on his forehead.

"I love you. Take care."

"I love you too. I will." He smiles at you then you went outside wearing a contented smile on your lips.

//

[requested by: Ryuxshii_]