(Genya)

//

People said when you turn into a demon, you will forget all of your past whenever if it's happy or sad but maybe not all because in your case, it's the opposite. You become a demon two weeks ago but unlike the other demons, you didn't forgot your past and your still clueless about it. You wish that you can just forget it so you can't feel this loneliness in your heart. He's there again. The place where you two seen together for the last time before the tragedy happens. He's probably waiting for you, hoping for you to come back but it's impossible especially in you condition. You're a demon, you ate human.

You still clearly remember what happened on that night. It's evening, you and Genya are walking together from your training under Himejima-san.

"Thank God, we finished our training. It's very tiring when I come home, I will lay immediately in my bed. How about you, Genya?" you said while stretching then you looked at the guy beside you. You raised your brow when you saw him. He's so stiff and his face is very red. Is he okay? You touched his forehead to check his temperature. "Do you have a fever?" you said worriedly. He immediate pushed your hands away.

"A-ahh. (Y/N)-san. I'm okay. Don't mind me." he said almost panicking.

"Okay. If you say so. By the way, you know Genya I noticed about you that everyday you really gotten stronger and stronger. I'm not gonna be surprise if they will promote you for being a Hashira." you said cheerfully.

"I don't think so. I still want to show more. I still need to work harder to become a hashira, like my brother." he said, smiling.

"Say, Genya. Are you sure that Sanemi-san is your brother?"

"Yes. Why did you ask?"

"It still unbelievable."

"Ofcourse. He's better and stronger than me."

"No, that's not what I mean. I mean, you're very kind and gentle while him, you know? Don't me mad, okay? He's very scary, whenever I see him it feels like he will punch anyone."

You heard him laughed and hit your shoulder playfully. "You're so mean, (Y/N)-san. I swear my brother is very nice."

You rolled your eyes at him. "Okay. Whatever! Oh wait, I can see my house from here. I'll go ahead, Genya. Thanks for the walk. Take care."

"Are you sure? Do you want me to walk with you until there?"

"No. It's okay. Just go home and take a rest."

"Okay. Take care, (Y/N)-san. See you tomorrow."

"I will. See you tomorrow, Genya."

You didn't know that it's gonna be your last conversation with him and probably the last time you will see him. You were almost at your house when a demon appeared and because of tiredness you had a hard time dealing with it and destiny really loves to play. You got wounded by the demon that makes you unable to move. You begged for him to just kill or eat you but he did something worse, that demon turns you into a demon too. Since that night no one see you again and they declared that you're dead already.

It hurts to see his suffering for your loss. He always blamed himself for what happen to you. You want to hug him and tell him that it's not his fault. You also want to tell him the truth but you can't do that because if he see in that situation he will surely kill you, after all that's the job of a demon slayer. So even it hurts, the only thing that you can do is watched him from a far.

You're also wishing him a goodluck to fulfill his dream, to be a part of the Hashiras. He really want to be like his brother. You wish him all the happiness that he deserves. You two are in different world now. You're a demon who devours human and he's a demon slayer who slays a demon like you. You immediately hide when he glanced at your direction. That was close. You sighed heavily, maybe it's time for you to go before he can really see you that you don't want to happen. Maybe next time, you need to wear a mask so it will be safe for you. Before you totally leave, you gave him a one last glanced, with a sad smile, you

//