Chapter (6):

Wren arrived home at 11:30, she stayed at the Skylounge hoping her father would show up but he didn't. She went under the hot water, closing her eyes, raising her face so that the water could cover her watery eyes. She missed her father, she hated fighting with him and she knows that he knows about her deal with the Cusack but didn't come after all to at least congratulate his only daughter.

She stepped out of the shower, dried herself and wore her black tank top and the black sweatpants. She went to the living room, pouring herself something to drink to forget about her night. The bell rang, she went to get the door and when she did, she found Monique.

"Monique, what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to apologize for how I behaved with you today. I was being rude to you in your biggest night. I'm sorry" She truly felt sorry and wasn't lying, she never lied to Wren since she knew her.

"Come in" She opened the door for her to enter.

"Don't worry I'm not her this time to have sex with you"

"I know" she said quietly. "Want some?" She raised her whiskey glass.

"I'd love to"

She poured her some whiskey. "Make yourself at home, I'm gonna go to sleep" She headed to her room.

It was 12:15 now and Wren couldn't sleep, she just closes her eyes, to rest them even though she had a couple more glasses of whiskey, she was awake. She heard the door open but didn't look, feeling someone climb on the bed next to her. She waited for a sudden move but nothing happened, so she turned around and found Monique wearing her black Babydoll that she kept at Wren's house.

"What are you planning to do now?"

She shrugged. "Nothing, I just couldn't sleep in the guest room"

Monique noticed the sadness in Wren's eyes and she knew why.

"It's your father, isn't it?"

She closed her eyes shut. "Yes. He didn't come tonight"

"Maybe he couldn't come"

"No" She shook her head. "He didn't want to come. He doesn't want to see me after what happened" She turned on her left side.

"He is missing a lot. He is wasting his chance to see you become successful. This isn't your fault. He will regret this; I promise"

"Can we just sleep?"

She let out a sigh. "Sure"

This time Monique didn't come closer to her instead Wren turned her body to Monique and put her head on her shoulder, and Monique's hand went running gently on her short hair.

Wren woke up on the sound of running water coming from her bathroom. She sat on the bed rubbing her eyes from sleepiness and headed to the bathroom to wash her face and Monique was taking a shower. All what Wren saw was a blur of Monique due to the condensed water on her glass shower stall. She opened the faucet washing her face finally and as she was closing them Monique turned off the water and poked her head out of the glass door.

"Could you handle me the towel?"

She was grabbing the towel and Monique stepped out of the stall naked not ashamed of her body, nothing to be ashamed of. She took the towel and wrapped it around her body and went to the mirror, looking at herself.

"You should leave" said Wren.

"I will, but after my hair is dry"

She looked at her and left the bathroom, heading to her kitchen, making herself her own breakfast and coffee. She loved the smell of coffee in the early morning. After finishing her breakfast, Monique came fully dressed ready to leave, she said goodbye to Wren by kissing her cheek and Wren went to her closet getting ready.