Chapter (10):

Wren returned her home early, she needed some time away from Madeline. She headed to her bedroom, opened her wardrobe and changed into a white shirt and some shorts but she didn't notice that someone was watching her.

"Hey gorgeous"

"Jesus Christ!!!" She turned to the voice. "Monique?" She held her heart. "You scared the shit out of me woman" She closed her eyes and reopened them.

"Sorry" She laughed. "You should have seen your face"

"It's not that funny, you could've killed me" She sat on the bed. "And didn't you say you were gonna call?"

"I wanted it to be surprise" She chuckled and sat closer to Wren and when she tried to kiss her, Wren turned her head avoiding her lips. "Okay, what's up now?"

"I didn't want you to come to do this"

"Do what?"

"This!!... Us!! I don't want to have meaningless sex with you anymore, Monique"

"Then why did you call me?"

"Because I needed a friend!!" She stood up sighing heavily and began to spoke calmly. "Look, whatever between us, we should end it once and for all or one of us will get hurt"

Monique was looking down at the floor, has no words to say, has no tongue to speak. She and Wren dated in college but it was nothing serious, then they became friends then friends with benefits until this moment, the moment Wren wants to put an end to this and maybe the end of their friendship too.

"Y-You want to end this?" she said sadly.

"I want to end our relationship as friends with benefits..." She bent down on her knees to look at Monique's eyes which were watery now. "But I won't end our friendship, you were my friend Monique since college and... and I want it to be that way not for me but for you. You are a good person who needs someone who truly loves you and gives you all what you want and need and I'm not that person"

She squeezed her hand waiting for her to respond, finally Monique looked at her, her lips were slightly apart and her thumb brushed Wren's hand.

"You are right... one of us will get hurt" She sniffed. "I'm sorry if I ever hurt you"

"You didn't hurt me, you never did" She touched her arm and then went to sit closer to her. "And you should know that I love you and always will"

"I love you too" She turned to Wren smiling through her tears and Wren unable to see her sad she gave her a long warm hug, rubbing her back and when they pulled away, Wren took her hand and made her stand up.

"And now let's have a dinner together as friends like old times" She smiled.

"Okay, just let me fix my makeup" She chuckled.

"Sure, I'll go and make us something to eat" She stood up and getting ready to leave her room.

"Wait!" She turned around. "Can I still call you gorgeous?"

She chuckled. "Yeah sure, I don't see why not"

..............................................................

Madeline returned her home and had her dinner, she was thinking about her encounter with Dave today, such a small world, the guy she met at the club is her boss's step-brother, a really gentle nice guy who she had a good time with and didn't expect to see him again. She phoned Eva to tell her about the news.

"Hey. Eva you won't believe who I met today?" she said excitedly.

"Let me guess, Jane Fonda?"