Chapter (9):

"You like her, don't you?"

She turned around to the voice. "What?!" Eva came.

"You like her, admit it"

"I told you I'm straight" Her brows furrowed.

"Na-uh straight till wet" She looked at her side seeing Monique.

"Monique? What are you doing here?"

"You like my lover, don't you?" questioned Monique.

"No and no, for the last time no"

"Why deny it?" asked Eva. "Look! She is over there" She pointed at Wren and Madeline turned to see. "Isn't she hot?"

"Yeah, she is" She turned back to Eva. "But that doesn't mean I like her in that way"

"W-What?" She turned around at the voice it was Wren's. "You don't like me?" Tears started forming in her eyes. "After our good time together?"

"No please Wren, hear me out" She stepped closer to her. "I do, I do like you"

"Then why DENY IT?" She took a step back and fell from the edge of the mountain.

She woke up with a gasp and shock on her face, realizing it was just a dream. She found herself tightening her grip on the covers, her hair was so messy and drops of sweat formed on her forehead.

"Wow!! You look awful. Did you have any dreams?"

"More like a nightmare" She jumped off the bed heading to the bathroom and closing the door behind her and taking a cold shower to wake her up from that dream. The cold water stung her back and made her shiver at first but then it made her relax and wake up.

"Why would I dream about her?"

"I don't like her"

"Maybe Eva is the reason why" She scoffed.

She finished her shower, got dressed and headed for her work after avoiding Eva's questions.

This time Wren went to work early before Madeline's arrival, she sat at her desk starring at the wall, doing nothing except just waiting to hear her door knocking and indeed her door knocked but only to find that it wasn't Madeline, it was Emily.

"Umm, Eleanor has landed safely, she wanted to inform you that everything is set for the show"

"Thank you, Emily"

"You are welcome" She was about to close the door but she heard her name being called. "Yes?"

"Has Madeline arrived yet?"

"No, she hasn't" She checked her watch. "She isn't late, Wren" She stated.

"I was just asking" She smiled.

"You know I've worked for you for two years and I can see that you've changed" She smirked.

"What do you mean 'Changed'?"

"The smile that's one, two you are being calm about your work and three you are over the moon"

"No it's still me... same old Wren" She avoided the eye contact.

"Yeah, you just tell that to yourself. Need anything else?"

She chuckled. "No, just when she arrives..." She sighed heavily. "Let her in"

"Alright" She closed the door behind her.

"Phew, boy! Even Emily noticed" she said to herself.