Chapter (7):

At the Lava Lounge, Madeline and Eva were at the bar drinking, and celebrating the good news or the surprising news as Madeline said.

"I can't believe she tricked me. How come I didn't notice? She made me go to the parties with her, say my opinion, and talk to Italians clients, seriously how blind was I?"

"Probably because she made you bring her coffee"

"Maybe"

"Are you mad at her?"

"Mad? No. Surprised? Yessss... And you told me not to quit, thank you, Eva"

"That's what friends are for" She winked.

She laughed at her friend clumsiness and sipped her martini. Eva saw someone was checking out Madeline, trying to look at her.

"Hey, someone is looking at you"

"Someone we know?"

"No. Look!!Look!" She looked to her right and saw a handsome man with dark hair staring at her softly, he flashed her a lopsided smile raising his beer.

"He is cute" She turned back to Eva.

"Then go talk to him" She tried to push her.

"No and no. I'm not interested actually; he is good looking but I'm not in the mood to have a one-night stand"

"Who said anything about one night stands? Just go talk to him"

"No, I don't want to. He isn't my type"

"Oh really? Because the last time I checked, he is your type"

"Please Eva, I'm not in the mood to be with the boys now. I wanna spend this night with you. I missed partying with you" She whined.

"He is coming, behind you" said Eva pretending not to look.

"What a beautiful girl like you doing here without a gentleman?"

She smiled. "Thank you but I'm with my friend"

"But she isn't a man" He smirked.

"I know. Thanks for noticing"

"Let me buy you a drink"

"No thanks, I can buy one myself" He looked like he was about to give up but he kept pushing anyway.

"I'm sorry. I'll leave you alone then"

Eva turned to her. "Why didn't you let him buy you a drink?"

"Because like I said I'm here with you tonight"

"But he seemed kind of sad" She nodded towards his way.

"Okay, fine. One drink with him and that's all and if he tried to make a move, I won't let him"

"Good, now go take your chance before it's too late"

She went up to him flashing him an apologetic smile. "Look, I'm sorry I was being rude to you"

"It's fine, I get that a lot"

"How about you buy me that drink?"

"What about your friend?"

"She is gonna manage"

"Alright"

He called the bartender for a martini and a glass of whiskey for himself. She spent her time talking with him, getting to know him better, she found him interesting and funny. They ordered another round of drinks.

"You know my boss's office has a whiskey glass"

"So he likes whiskey huh? He is lucky to have you"