Chapter (13):

Waking up early, taking a hot shower, getting dressed and going to work is what Madeline did this morning and on her way to work she was thinking about Dave' date, she said yes with no hesitation this time as after what happened with Wren, maybe Wren was the reason for the hesitation at first but now no Wren no more and that's what she thought.

She stepped out of the elevator greeted Emily and sat on her desk, ready for her day and ready for Wren's appearance which happened while she was answering the phone, neither of them looked at one another this time. Looks like Madeline was still mad at her and Wren trying either to play it cool or hard to get.

"Mm-hmm...Yes... ok. I'll switch you to her, one sec"

Wren's phone rang and she picked it up. "Yes?"

"Wayne is on the phone needs to talk to you"

"Alright put him through"

She put him through and went back to her paperwork.

"You okay?" asked Emily.

"Yes... why wouldn't I be?"

"You seem... busy?"

"I'm always busy that's part of my job" she said organizing the papers and stood up heading to Wren's office.

"Did something happen with Dave?"

"No, actually I have a date with him tonight and I can't wait to see him" She smiled.

Emily gave her a fake smile. "Good luck then"

"Thank you" She knocked on the door and entered, Wren was still on the phone but when she turned to Madeline she tried to finish her call.

"Okay, thank you Wayne I'll call you later to set a date" She hung up and looked at her. "Yes, what do you have?"

"I arranged you a meeting with Mr. Rivera, and that would be tomorrow"

"Tomorrow, okay what else?"

"Monique called and said that she arrived in Milan"

"Okay, thank you"

"Do you want anything else?" she asked professionally and her tone indicated sadness.

Wren looked at her, stood up and walked to her. "I'm sorry" she said softly.

Madeline looked down avoiding her eyes and felt Wren's hand touch her arm.

"You were looking after me when I was a mess and I kicked you out... I'm sorry, you have every right to be mad at me now"

"... It's just... you should have seen yourself, Wren" She looked at her, meeting her eyes. "You were a wreck and god knows what could have happened if you drank another one"

"I'll stop from now on but please forgive me. You are the only friend I have right now" She saw the honesty and persistence in her honey eyes.

"I'm not mad at you. I was afraid you could hurt yourself... and I forgive you" She gave her a small smile.

"Really?" She smiled.

She nodded with a smile.

"So are we still friends?"

She sighed dramatically. "Yes, we are" She grinned.

"Okay, do you have plans tonight? I would like to apologize properly" She rubbed the back of her neck feeling nervous.

"First of all, no need to apologize, secondly I do have plans..." She saw the disappointed look on her face. "Thirdly, How about tomorrow?"

"... Sure, why not"

"Okay, I have to get back" She smiled at her one time and then left.

..................................................

Time to leave work and go on a date with Dave Clermont, she started packing her things and decided to see if Wren leaving or not.

"She is probably staying the night here" said Emily.

"I hope not. She works really hard and needs some rest at one point"

"What can I say that's Wren. She hasn't changed since college"

"Wait... You guys were at the same college?"

"Uh, yeah. Roommates actually to be more precise" She gathered her things and hit the elevator button. "She is always a hard working girl. See you tomorrow" She entered and closed the elevator door.

Madeline went to her office, knocked on the door and let herself enter and as she expected, Wren was working, she wondered why she loves work so much.

"You aren't leaving?"

"Um, no I have a lot to do since I didn't come yesterday so" She let out a sigh.

"Do you need help?"

"Nah, it's fine I got this, you just go do... whatever you have to do, I'm almost done anyway"

"Okay, goodnight then"

"Night"

She left and Wren went to the cafeteria to grab herself a cup of coffee, this is gonna be a long night for her. She headed back to her office and looked from her window as she sipped her coffee and saw Dave picking up Madeline.

Dave took Madeline home and waited for her to get ready and when she was done he took her to a fancy restaurant like she anticipated but she enjoyed her time with him. He was being friendly and gentle with her, they talked about stuff, their childhood their school, college and now he gave her a ride home.

"I really had good time tonight, thank you"

"You are welcome. Do you wanna do it again sometime?"

"That would be great"

She smiled showing her white teeth, her eyes darted from his eyes to his lips and so did he. He started getting closer to her until she felt his lips on hers and he kissed her sweetly, when they pulled away she told him goodnight and went upstairs feeling good about herself, her day went smooth after Wren's apology and the date with Dave.