X. I Pick Her

A/N: Little off topic of the story but favorite fast food chain?? I'm only asking this because I'm currently in the drive-thru for Taco Bell ^_^

Remember to vote, comment, and follow!

———
X. I Pick Her

JACKSON

I'm sitting out in my truck waiting for Lee to come out when Alex comes running out of the front entrance and up to my truck with excitement. He nearly slips and falls on his ass but catches himself on the side mirror.

"Dude! You just missed the greatest fucking fight in the history of Clinton Hills High School!" he yells with excitement.

Already? It's only the second day of school.

"Oh yeah? Which guy kicked another guys ass?" I laugh and continue to read the chapter of Pride & Prejudice I'm on to get my assignment done for tonight.

"Not guys—girls. It was Karen and Lee!" his eyes widen and I quickly look at him in surprise. What the fuck?

I instantly think that Karen started shit to retaliate against Lee for me breaking it off with her after having sex under the bleachers earlier. I knew afterwards without a doubt when I didn't feel anything with her, that it was over between Karen and I.

All I could think about was Lee—how I felt like I was cheating on her and we aren't even together. But I want to be together—I want her and only her.

Of course Karen wasn't having it and told me it wasn't over, that we weren't breaking up. I hate to disappoint her but it's over between us. For good.

"What fucking happened?" I ask as I toss my shit on the seat next to me and quickly get out of my truck.

"I don't know the specifics but all I can say is everyone who was there is talking about it. Lee kicked Karen's ass!" he laughs and we quickly run up the front steps.

As soon as I make it into the front doors everyone in the main hallway looks at me. I don't understand why they are but I follow Alex and spot Megan outside the office doors carrying Lee's bag over her shoulder with a terrified expression in her eyes as she chews on her fingernails anxiously.

"Hey Daniels! You lucky bastard got females fighting over you!" one of the guys from the football team yells out while giving me two thumbs up.

"Hey Megan, what happened?" I ask her while putting a gentle hand on her shoulder. She has tears collecting in her eyes and I know it's not good.

"She didn't do anything wrong. She was defending herself Jackson!" she sobs and shakes her head.

"Calm down and explain to me what happened Megan," I speak softly, knowing she's upset.

"I was waiting for Lee outside of her last class so we could go home and Karen showed up before it ended. I thought it was weird she was waiting outside of the class too but didn't think anything bad of it. When Lee came walking out, Karen grabbed her and shoved her against the wall. I had went over to try to get her off when I overheard her threatening Lee not to say anything to you about something. I don't know what it was but Lee basically told her she didn't appreciate Karen threatening her and it wasn't her fault that Karen was acting easy with someone other than you. Karen slapped Lee across the face and I knew it wasn't going to end well for her."