XX. New Beginnings

A/N: Apparently the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree with Daniels men. Now will Lee forgive him or hold a grudge like Bex did with Nate?

Remember to vote and comment <3

———
XX. New Beginnings

JACKSON

When I arrive at Jamestown airport, ready to start my life in the Army, my mom looks at me sympathetically as she gently caresses my face.

I know I look like absolute shit right now. I haven't been able to sleep for more than a couple hours at a time and all I do is constantly check my phone for a missed call or text from her but nothing ever comes up.

Fuck I miss her so much and it's only been three days.

I'm beginning to wonder if what I did was ultimately the right thing to do.

I'm not worried about her moving on and being happy, I'm concerned I won't be able to. She is everything to me. As soon as she got out of my truck that night and went to the front door of her her house, I instantly regretted my decision to end our relationship.

That's why I had to quickly leave before I took back what I did. I constantly keep reminding myself I'm doing this for a good reason, that I'm doing this for her—even if she doesn't believe me.

Right now she thinks I'm this asshole guy that's had this thing all figured out for months and that I only kept her around as an easy piece of ass. When she accused me of that, it broke my heart in two.

I'd never use her for anything—especially that. I didn't plan on making love to her that night but I couldn't stop myself. I had to be with her one last time before I ended up destroying us both. I didn't want to stop either and if I could've spent all night making love to her, I would've.

When I'd gotten to the diner that night, everyone but my parents asked where Lee was. They already knew from Alex ratting me out because I'd told him what I was planning and he disagreed whole heartedly with me. He called me a fucking idiot for throwing away the best thing to ever happen to me and an even bigger idiot for thinking she'd ever take me back once we are done making something of ourselves.

Who the hell am I kidding? I'm fucking nothing without her. I won't become shit if she's not there beside me.

I'd informed Marcus that Lee wasn't feeling well so I took her home and he left not too long after that. I half expected him to come kick my ass or kill me for breaking his little girl's heart, but he never did.

That night my parents had a heart-to-heart with me, more like I got the tenth degree by both of them for the choice I made.

My dad felt guilty, like it was his fault for my decision and I immediately reassured him that just because he did it to Mom, wasn't why I did it. Like him, I did it for her own good.

I thought of all people, he'd understand that. However, all he did was shake his head with disappointment and reminded me that just because he did it, and it worked out for him in the end, doesn't mean it would for me.

I'm standing around in a daze, checking my phone for the hundredth time since I've been here when Alex walks up with Megan. I awkwardly smile at her and she looks up at me sympathetically, wrapping her arm around Alex.