XII. T.G.I.F

A/N: Who's excited for 2020? Any New Years Resolutions?

Remember to vote, comment, and follow!

———
XII: T.G.I.F

Friday morning came quicker than I could've anticipated and I couldn't help the butterflies in my stomach on my way to school. I wasn't sure where Jackson was taking me tonight and honestly, I didn't care. As long as it was with him, he could take me anywhere.

When I walk through the front doors with Megan, both Jackson and Alex are waiting by our lockers. Jackson smiles at me as I walk up and quickly pulls me into his inviting muscular arms that are straining against the sleeves of his navy blue t-shirt.

There's no kissing as he gently runs his fingers down my cheek and through my hair as he looks into my eyes.

I feel even closer to him as he respects me enough to not make out and touch me inappropriately in front of everyone in the hallway that keeps glancing over at us.

I half expect people to talk shit and be pissed that Jackson seemed to move on quickly from Karen but no one seems to mind as they smile at us and even some of the guys walking by give Jackson a thumbs up, like he upgraded when he got with me.

Am I really that attractive? Honestly, I don't see it. Maybe it's because I'm foreign and that's interesting to everyone here?

By second period, we aren't able to talk once again because Mr. Collins has us busy with a worksheet regarding to the reading assignments we had all week on Pride and Prejudice.

Both Jackson and Alex sneak into my art class where Mrs. Montgomery jokes with them again about their art capabilities and that they're going to need to earn their keep in here if they plan on attending her class.

I know she doesn't mind them being here because they're not a distraction to anyone else here. I'm glad she's a laid back teacher but most art teachers are. I guess it's the free-spiritedness within us.

I'd like to say they weren't a distraction to me, well at least Alex wasn't. But Jackson on the other hand, was a major distraction.

As I was drawing, he kept lightly running his fingers down my back, making me squirm as he'd laugh and place soft kisses on my bare shoulder. Alex would just roll his eyes at Jackson and continue quietly talking to me, asking me questions about what I was working on. Near the end I had to threaten to kick Jackson out if he didn't stop.

When I finally get out of my last detention, I meet Jackson at his truck and nearly jumped into his arms as he wraps them around my waist while slowly spinning me around, pressing his lips to mine. We've waited all day to kiss one another like we had the prior two days and it feels amazing.

Like Christmas morning when you've waited all night to finally open the gifts from Santa.

"I hope you don't mind but tonight is kind of going to be like a double date. Alex will be there and he's bringing Megan with him," he grimaces at me, probably worried that I'll mind.

"That's great! It'll be good for Megan to get out of the house and away from our overbearing grandmother," I smile and he instantly beams. He leans back down, pressing his lips to mine before opening the passenger door for me and climbing into his truck to head to our destination.

"We are going to meet them at the diner first and then head to the drive-in. Ever been to one before?" he glances at me as we drive down the main road.

"No," I shake my head at him and he looks at me disturbingly.

"That's a shame—they're pretty great. My parents went to them all the time and took me and my siblings quiet a bit when we were younger. I think you'll like it," he winks at me and reaches over to take my hand.