Chapter Twenty-Eight

Despite being a doll who had scared the lives out of me, Milo, and Amy, Gabi freaked out.

"Ah! Get it off me!"

Mom was the only calm person in the group. She bent down and reassured Gabi that it was okay.

"Are you kidding me right now, Donna?! This broken piece of junk - I am referring to the stupid doll - has a hold on me and is talking in a creepy tone!"

"What?" the doll who had a left leg and right arm. "I was only trying to warn you. And I apologize if my tone came off as creepy to you. It is really hard to talk through some toy when I have been a human for most of my life."

"That is right," Mom agreed with her. "Gabi, you have to keep in mind that she was a human at one time. A young girl." She smiled at the broken doll. "What is your name?"

"I do not know. I wish that I knew. The only thing that me and the other girls know is that we used to be human children. But even then, we are forgetting what it was like to be human."

"Gosh," Gabi Dollson said. "And I thought that not having a voice box and record was bad."

The broken doll let go of Gabi. "You are not like me...are you?"

"Nope. Sorry. I was born like this. The same can be said for my boyfriend Vincent."

"Boyfriend? I wish that I could remember that..."

Suddenly, all the other dolls either leaped off or climbed down the shelves and surrounded us.

"Help us..." all of them pleaded in unison. "...no more torture..."

"I will take you all to my home and fix you myself," my mom volunteered. "Then I will hopefully get you back to your normal selves."

"Good," one of the dolls replied. "It sickens us to see what Kira did to us."

When she had announced that name, I heard Kira.

"Who is down there? Come out, or I will kill you!"