Chapter Forty-Eight

Forlot is known by its townsfolk for its huge graveyard. Mentioned in book six, the graveyard is next to a house that Dejah and her parents recently moved in.

Some say that it is haunted. Others say that it is not a real graveyard. I, the writer, can proudly debunk these theories, for neither of them is true.

Would you like to know what is true about the graveyard? Glad that you asked.

Like all graveyards, Forlot's graveyard is filled with "dead" people. Are you catching on to what I am saying?

The only difference between your average graveyard and Forlot's graveyard is that the ones who are buried underneath the town of Forlot never truly die. They come back as either ghosts or zombies.

Why is this? The reason behind it is clear.

Fictional characters cannot die. It was confirmed by the Lubriem long ago. You get it now?

Yes. If you have not caught on, this book series is about the characters discovering that they are fictional and finding clues as to why.

The Lubriem? A huge plot twist there. Mary Sue? She wants all the real worlders to be extinct. And Ava? She knows more than you ever will.

Now, I brought up the graveyard earlier because we are about to see someone rising from her grave. Yes, it is a she.

There was a tombstone that had the lady's name engraved in it. Stacy Davidson.

"I am not dead...I am not dead!"

A hand, an ugly hand, shot out from the ground. From the warm dirt.

"I am not dead. I am not dead!"

Standing by the graveyard was a woman. She watched as Stacy, now a zombie, climbed out of the dirt. She grinned and giggled darkly.

Seeing poor Stacy in the condition that she was in gave Ms. Hayley Taylor an idea. It was worse than you could imagine because Ms. Taylor had powers. Powers that would tear this town apart once and for all.