PART TWO

Sister Rose won't be picking me today, and I don't want Mr Kola either, I might at least trek or take a bus. It wasn't that far anyway.
Oh! That's the girl I bumped into the other time! I guess she's a senior. I don't want to apologize again; I'd rather let it go.

I was about opening the school gate when I heard a voice behind me, calling my name.

"Hi Alex" I said.

"I was about leaving too, are you expecting anyone? He asked.

"No actually. I.... Never mind." I said.

"Oh OK. Sooooo how do you find our school? Boring, fun, interesting? He asked.

"I can't say for now" I replied.

"Ok." He smiled.

For some minutes we both kept quiet. Why is he being so nice? My subconscious asked.

"So tell me more about yourself Rose." He said.

I don't know why but I'm beginning to feel like he was up to something or a group sent. What do I tell him?

"what do you want to know?" I asked.
"Everything." He said.

"Really?" I smiled.

"I lost my best friend five months ago, she used be my seat partner; and when you came, I had a feeling that she returned. I've always expected her to walk through that class door. But I'm glad that you did.
I felt sad for him. I know how it felt to lose someone.

"I'm sorry, I know how you feel". That's all I could manage to say.
"My parents are never around. My dad is a business man, and my mum; my mum... She's a" he kept quite for a while.
"Rose, I don't know why but I'm telling you this because I ,I tell Tope everything. Tope was my childhood friend, best friend and a family friend, but she was a sickle cell patient .
I really want us to be cool friends." He said.
Ok! This is like my fourth day here and he's saying this. I felt sad for him but...

"Yes sure". We're friends I smiled.
What could probably go wrong? I asked myself.

"I live here" I said pointing at my house.
Your house? My subconscious asked.

" This is my house" I said.

"Oh bye Rose" He said smiling.

*****************************
ALEX'S POV

Today wasn't as bad as I thought.
Rose seems nice, but I just have to be careful with her.
I barely know her, inasmuch as I want her to fill the space Tope left behind I still have to be careful.
She's pretty though. Alex stop it ! I said to myself loudly.

Living alone in this house barely freaks me out like it used to. My father believes that the house helps will take care of me; but I hate it when he says it to my face.

My mum, It's been five years now that she left the house, it hurts me to see my mother as a prisoner. Only Tope knows about this.
My father warned me not to tell anyone, he'd always say to me in his deep voice: "that's why we moved from Abuja to Lagos, do not tell anyone".

My mother was guilty of a business fraud and she was sentenced to 25 years imprisonment. Life without my mum was hard; but I was getting used to it.
I looked forward to seeing Rose tomorrow. Alex what's with Rose Rose Rose. ?! I asked myself.
I have to do Mr Godwin's assignment, that man is strict but I need to eat first though.

Comment and vote😘❤️