CHAPTER FIVE

Why was he holding my hand? What point was he trying to prove to his friends? I need to stop being his friend to avoid any form of catastrophe.

"I have snacks in my bag if you don't mind?" He offered.

"No thanks I'm good." I said.

"Ok. I think I owe you an explanation about what happened during lunch." He said.

"Explanation? Why? What for? Alex, you owe me no explanations. It's none of my business whatsoever you do with your life." I told him.

"None of your business? I thought we were... You know friends! Best friends." He said.

"Best friends? Cmon, I barely know you, can you even listen to yourself? Best friends with a girl you barely know. I have to be honest at this point Alex; I don't know what you're up to but please if you're a group sent, I beg you to stay away from me, please.
I've been through a lot this past few weeks and I don't want extra problems." I said to him.

Phew! I didn't see that coming. I was so happy I let it all out, I hope he stays away from me; do you really want that? My subconscious asked. Hell no, I don't care! I said to myself.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I'll just take another route." He left.

I could see the sadness in his face, I'm not a hostile kind of person. I don't just like this idea of him being too close to me but I think I took it too far.

ALEX'S POV
The walk home was boring.
She was right. It's impossible to ever think I could replace her with Tope. What was I even thinking! Being friends with someone I barely know? I thought we could at least be friends since we're seat partners but I guess I was wrong. maybe she's still angry at what Maria said; even if, she should have been straight with me rather than calling me a groupsent.

I regret whatever I had with Maria, my father caused all this mess. If not for him I wouldn't have dated Maria. He used me! Who orders a sixteen-year-old boy to date a girl just to get a massive contract. My Father! My parents disgust me sometimes.
I guess I have to stay away from Rose, just like she wants. I'm hungry.

ROSE'S POV

The walk home was peaceful but empty. I don't know why I felt so guilty. I shouldn't have said that to him, calling him a groupsent. I was not very happy about him walking away from me, he should have explained better and defended himself.

Getting to the living room I heard some strange voices from Sister Tope's room; I moved closer and I realized that it was a female voice. Is she home? I thought she travelled. "I think she needs help." I told myself.

I opened the room door, only to see Mr. Kola and a woman both on the bed with the duvet over their bodies. I guess she must be Yvonne.

"I'm sorry I said and closed the door.

Omg did I just see that? Is Mr. Kola having an affair with Yvonne? Gosh!

I was in my room when Mr. Kola and Yvonne walked in.
"So you're Rose? She said looking at me spitefully.

"Yes, I'm Rose and you must be Yvonne?. I said.

"Sharp mouth. I like her." She said. Smiling widely.
"Rose? Mr. Kola looked at me.

" yes sir." I answered.

"I know you caught us together. Please could you please not tell Tayo about this". He pleaded.

"That what sir? That I saw you both on her bed? Oh not at all, I won't even utter a word." I said. I just wanted to tease them a bit, I didn't have intentions of telling Sister Tayo.

"You know we could kill you right? Yvonne said.

Kill? Hearing that word made me remember my parents and how it all happened. I became scared.

"Yes, we could. Think of it Rose, I want to keep this from my wife and she wants to protect her reputation. We're both on one side. We'll just let them know that you never came home." He smiled at me.

"I didn't see anything, Sir." I said. I was so scared.

" good girl, I cooked! Who's hungry? Let's go eat." She said.

"I'll join you both at the dining room." I was trying to recover from the fear.
They left the room and I rushed quickly to lock the door.

"Omg!!! What have I gotten myself into? I can't be with them alone, they might kill me. I have to leave this house." I told myself.

Comment and vote...😘
Follow @iam_fisaj to get more info.