CHAPTER ELEVEN

THE FLASHBACK CONTINUES.

SISTER TAYO'S POV

"Can you work for me? you can achieve a lot with me". Don said during one of his visits. I didn't like the idea at first but Remi was too covetous that she persuaded me and I obliged.

The duty was to deliver hard drugs mostly cocaine to orderers, we were told that some orderers can be deceptive sometimes; they might want to get the goods and not pay by killing the dealers so, we were taught how to handle guns.

Remi met Tunde, he was one of Don's apprentice. They started a relationship of which Don was in support of, their wedding was the talk of the town. Don gave them a lot of money to plan the wedding.

Years later, when I was a bit older; Don said he wanted to have a relationship with me. I declined.

Don was a murderer, he killed most orderers in the delivery location all in the name of money. If he suspects any of his apprentices, he'd murder them without mercy. He'd always say to us: "That is how my mentor taught me." And by that, he was referring to our parents. I can't believe our parents could be so mean. He told us that he trusts us that was why he made us his dealers but, to be honest, he pays a lot though. We were not able to back off because of the money we were gaining. Don was older, old enough to be our father. He was in his late forties.

We've barely worked with him for a year when Tunde and Remi planned to steal from him. As usual, Remi was asked to deliver goods to the orderers, she did as planned. She didn't deliver the goods to the orderer that she was supposed to meet instead, she delivered to another orderer who was unknown to Don.

Most dealers who worked for Don were scared of him, but we were not. We've witnessed how he'd hire assassins to murder any of his dealers that didn't deliver or come to him with his money. We thought we were family, we thought we've gotten to a level where he cared so much for us, but we were wrong.

I received a text from Remi telling me to come over to Don's.
"How come?" I could hear Don's voice from the entrance as I walked in.

"I-I-I got attacked." She stammered and continued. "We, I mean I - got to the location and they attacked me, they took the goods from me and left." She bowed.

"You were armed right, so how come?" He said quietly like he wasn't upset.

"I was armed, I took my gun along. I was caught unaware, they pinned me down and took my gun and the goods." Remi said.

He took his cup filled with whatsoever and continued.
"Well, you know the rules. You have twenty-four hours to get my goods or else, you're gone." He smiled and continued.

"B-u-t," I stammered and continued. "You know this has never happened before. Please pardon her."
Actually, that was the plan, we both knew Don wouldn't kill her or maybe he would, the thought of Don doing anything bad to her brushed goosebumps across my body. I'm assured we still have the money we got from the goods. We've earned enough from this but Remi and Tunde were not contented. Tunde met a buyer that was willing to pay higher than Don's orderers, so we made a profit from it.

Tunde and Remi were supposed to give Don the exact money for the goods and remove their profit, but instead, they wanted to have all the money.

"Get me my money, Remi." He faced her.

"And you, Tayo. If you really want to save your sister; you know what to do." He walked away and his escorts followed him.

Remi looked very worried. We walked out of the house.
"Remi, but you still have Don's money with you, well, aside from the profits though. Please just give him his money or still buy other goods for him."