PART TWO

ALEX'S POV

I can't believe I'm with this Maria girl. She's basically too dumb to understand anything, not even a simple a quadratic equation.
"Are you OK"

I'm fine. Are you done with the exercise?" I managed to say.

" I still don't get it Alex. I'll just go home and study myself."

I so much dislike this girl, and to think I wasted an hour to explain to a girl that is very dumb to understand a simple topic.

"That's a good idea," I said.

I started packing my books. " I guess we have to start going," I said.

"Why? Home? Let's talk, it's been a while, Alex." She said in a lower tone.

"She seems like a nice girl." She added

"Who?" I asked looking confused.

"Rose, she's nice."

"Yeah, she is, she's very nice." I smiled.

" I want to be her friend anyway." She said.

"Trust me, she's really friendly," I added.

"You talk like you guys are close." She smiled.
"Well, we are. I remarked.

"Wow, isn't that too soon.

"I know it is, but I don't mind.

"So you guys are now like what? Besties?

"If that's what it means, yes. I smirked.

"Let's talk about us." She said.

"Us? What about us?" I pretended like I was confused.

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about." She said.

"I thought we've been through this. I said.
"Yeah, I know but that was when we had a misunderstanding. Now, what do you have to say." She said.

"We've talked about this before. I am still in my words. I am no longer interested in whatever that was. I can remember when we were together, you made me do all your assignments, I bought you lunch every break, I had to skip classes just run errands for you and many more. Yeah, and when you asked me to carry your bag all the time; I did.
If that's what all it means to you then I'm saying this again. I am not interested." I said louder than usual.

"I promise to be nice this time." She said.

"I can't change my mind and you can't either."

"It's OK. I understand. She carried her bag and left."

The walk home was tedious. I got home and was about walking into my room when I saw my Dad. He showed up again after three weeks, I can't continue like this; no maternal care nor paternal bond. Being an orphan is very much better than having parents that are never there for me. I feel they never wanted me. I can't continue like this, I have to be honest with him.
"Hey boy!

"welcome dad". I frowned.

"Happy to see me uhn? "

"No". I replied honestly.

"Well, I wasn't expecting you to be."_

"Why are you doing this? I asked.

"Doing what?

"Abandoning me. You left me here, do you even care if I get sick or if I'm doing well in school? I can't continue like this, mum is not here for me; she has never and will never be there for me. But I'm fine with that and it's because I still have you to live with. "

"So you want me to sit around and play games with you." He laughed and continued. ". You're no longer a kid Alex, you're a grown-up now."

"Last time I checked, you've always been like this ever since I was a kid. You left me with Mrs. Wole for five months until she almost got me killed by not giving me drugs for my allergies."

" The maids are here! I have to work Alex, I have to pay fees; your fees. Don't you get it?"

" I don't work, right? I don't even know what you do, what's your occupation? Are you a doctor, lawyer, engineer? I don't know. I lied to most of my friends telling them you're a businessman."

"I'm done with this conversation."
He took his phone and left.

I can't believe I just had this conversation with my Dad. I've always wanted to say a lot of things to him, Talk, laugh.
I walked into my room, took a shower, and laid on my bed. I wish I had a perfect home but I guess that's too much to ask. I said to myself.

ROSE'S POV

"Yes, I'm Tayo Williams. Who are you, please? Sister Tayo was on a phone call.
She was making dinner in the kitchen as I washed the dishes.
"I am Tayo Williams. Can you hear me now? She asked.
So she's Tayo Williams, I never knew her last name until now, this made me remember the envelop I saw in Alex's house. Could she have been friends with Alex's mum? I'm quite sure that's his mum's room.

I'll just ask her about it maybe they were friends.
She hung up and continued chopping the onions.

"That's Kola's lawyer; He's filing a divorce." She puts on a fake smile.

"I thought you were the one filing the divorce?" I asked.

"I thought so too, but it looks like we both want it."

"Oh." I managed to say.

" yeah."
"I'm so sorry," I said looking pitiful.

"Sorry for? In case you don't know Rose, you saved my life; you helped me realized a lot of things. If not for you, I'll be in between those two, smiling and happy like an idiot. I remember when I'd take my kids to Yvonne's house during holidays all in the name of family. What if they killed my kids, I was fooled, Rose. I was."
She said sadly.

"It's fine, I just want you to remain happy"
.
"I am happy, happy that I finally know the truth." She smiled.

I'm not so happy about her husband filing the divorce first. I guess he had it all planned, I wish I could see him one last time. I wish he'll come home to at least get clothes or anything so I'll just pour a piece of my mind to him. I think I should ask her about Alex's mum now.

"Errm. Do you know Alex's mum?

"Who is Alex. She asked looking confused.

" my classmate, he helped me stay in his place." I reminded her.

"Oh that's true, Alex. But how do you expect me to know his mum."

"Well, I saw your name in her room". I don't know how to put it, I had to say it anyhow I could.

"What? My name? How? Well, I'm not the only Tayo you know." She smiled.

"I guess that's true, maybe there's another Tayo Williams.

"With my last name? How come?". She asked.

" I saw Tayo Williams order on an envelope in her room.

She was mute for a while and replied.
"So you were going through her stuff? That's bad Rose. Did you read what was in the document?

" Not at all. I felt I was being nosy so I stopped, I didn't read further."

"Oh, OK. From what's their last name, I mean Alex." She asked.

"Alabi."

"Oh.

"Yeah. I don't think I've met with his mother, it must be someone else." She concluded.

Yeah." I replied

Late updates!!!
I'm sorry guys!!!!😂❤️
Vote!!!
Comment!!!