CHAPTER TWELVE

THE FLASHBACK

SISTER TAYO'S POV.

They made my life miserable. Remi and Tunde; they destroyed me.

So they finally persuaded me to have a relationship with Don.

"Please, imagine our future. We can give our children a better life with this money.
I can also give Rose a better life."

Rose was very young then, younger than now. Remi never wanted her around because of her dirty job, so she enrolled her in a boarding school.

" Don is giving us this better alternative, let's take it." She said looking into my eyes like a needy.

"You call that better? dating an older man is better?" I said almost crying.

"Calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down, return Don's money. "

"Please, it's just for some time. We'll be done with all this very soon".

"OK, I give you two weeks to get this over with". I muttered.

"So you mean you've agreed to date him?" She smiled.

"For two weeks, just two weeks," I added.
I knew I was getting into a big mess.

"You're the best, I promise to  find a permanent solution to this"  She hugged me

Days later I received a call from Don, telling me to see him.

I went to his house. The first few days, he was nice and warm, I started to have a rethink about it all. Thinking he was not so bad after all.

He took me shopping, credited my accounts, and bought me a lot of fancy things.
My sister would always say:
"thank God you took this offer Tayo."

I would not give a response, I'd just shake my head in agreement. I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing.

Things were going smoothly until one day.

"Take off your clothes," He said taking off his shirt.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Take off your clothes" He yelled.

"I-I-I don't understand" I started breathing faster.

He grabbed my hands forcefully, pushed me, and started tearing my clothes. I was on a chiffon top so it was easier for him.

"Fine, fine. I'll take it off" I knew I had no choice. Not today, I  wouldn't want him to rape me;  I can't imagine a man with his weight forcing himself on me. I wasn't doing this for the first time after all.

He had his way with me, I was so irritated and tired.

He then told me." You can go, I'll call you when I need you".

Like I was his servant.
"Call me when you need me?. Really?"  I asked.

"Yes really."
I sometimes don't get his word, his accent though.
I went to  Remi's. I just wanted to tell her that I can't do this anymore, I hope she knows that she has a few days left before I put an end to all this.

"You're getting finer, Tayo. What did he get you this time?" She smiled.

"Nothing, I can't do this anymore, I can't let that man on me ever again. He was so irritating yeesh"

Remi laughed.
"It's not funny." I gave her a stern look.

"Ok ok ok, but you should know he'll eventually ask for it right? So why are you talking like a kid."