Chapter 11

"Hush Rowan, Daddy's got you."

I woke up with the sun shining on my face. I sat up, stretched, and looked around. The black haired prince was asleep in the chair next to my bed, his hair rumpled and his shirt crinkled, his armor tossed aside. He looked so peaceful, his eyes closed, chest rising and falling with his heavy breath. I giggled.

Slipping off of the bed, I went straight to his side, playing with his fingers. "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" I sang. The Prince cracked his eyes open, the green of his iris showing through between his eyelids. "Wake up, Daddy!"

I blushed profusely, letting go of his thin fingers and taking several steps back, tripping and falling back first onto my bed. I called him Daddy. I called the Prince, the King, Daddy. How could I have been to careless. It had slipped out in my joy, a reckless mistake...

There was quiet chuckling. Then I felt myself being lifted off of the silk sheets, high into the air. I shrieked. Thin fingers danced down my sides, tickeling me.

"Put me down!" I scolded, tsking the prince. He laughed, throwing his head back.

"Not until you, Rowan, agree to always call me Daddy."

I froze. "You aren't mad?"

There was a life chuckle, before I began to descend to my new father's height. "Why would I be mad, Rowan? I am honored to be my favorite little girl's new father."

"But..."

"Rowan." Green eyes meet green. "I love you."