Chapter 17

Loki's POV

I was livid when Thor defeated the metal war machine. Then he would come back to Asguard, claim the throne, and I would be left to do as the others do; worship the ground he walks upon. Not me. I wouldn't let him push me around any more. I was now king. It was my turn for the upper hand. However, I had more pressing matters to attend to. I had to visit my mother and Rowan before I went on with the rest of my plan.

Rowan was in my mother's room, sitting on the opposite side of the Allfather. I could see my daughter was enlighting my mother on the horrors the Jotuns had done to her. "And than Dad swept in, killing them all!!! Well, you saw that part, I suppose. Dad saved us, though. He was gonna kill Grandfather!"

My mother gasped at Rowan's antics. She smiled slightly as I entered, enjoying hearing how my daughter dotes upon me.  I enjoyed it to, however, I had more urgent matters, and my daughter's conversation led straight into my point. The Jotuns.

"Don't worry mother, Rowan, the Jotuns will pay for what they have done." I said confidently, entering the room. Rowan squealed at my entrance, and I walked over to her, ruffling her red hair.

Mother shook her head slightly, a sad smile splayed across her lips, no doubt remembering my very own childhood.

Neither Thor or myself had been much like Rowan as children. She was soft, inquisitive, curious. Thor was gruff and strong, and I was slick and clever, my nose usually stuck in spell books rather than sparring with my brother.

"Are you all done with your work now, Daddy?" Rowan asked, pulling my head out of the clouds.

"Nearly, Darling. I'm going to go finish it off now though. I'll be back soon, I promise." She seemed to accept the excuse, taking it lightly, looking back to where her new Grandmother sat. Mother smiled at her encouragingly. She gave me a hug before settling back down in her chair.

That's when I heard heavy footsteps and a deep voice, ruining my plan. My brother, Thor, had arrived.