Chapter 24

"Fury!"

In walked a man with spikey brown hair and a blowing blue patch in the middle of his chest. "I see you made it here alright. Is this the girl?" He asked, as if oblivious to the fact I was right infront of him. The director nodded. "Not too shabby." He replied, looking me over. "So she's what, again?" He asked rather abruptly.

"Asgardian."

The man nodded. "Okay. Like Norse?" Fury paused for a moment before replying that the Nordic people had only had a short run in with Odin, and that they weren't the ones to come up with us, only label us as Gods.

"Right." The man said after Fury ceased talking. "Do you want anything to drink, Kiddo?"

"My name is Rowan." I answered snotily. "And no."

Thus started my great relationship with Tony Stark. He would be a prat to me, and I would remind him that the next time Thor came to Earth, he would bash Tony's brains out for me.

Of course, Tony hardly believed the threat, but every so often I would prove my Asgardian strength to him, just to show him he couldn't push me around.

I think the main reason I despised Tony was that he reminded me of my father. Good looking, he could charm a girl with a single look, manipulating them into whatever he wanted. He knew how to sweet talk his way into almost anything, and had the resources to do major damage. He seemed nice enough, a little too cocky for my taste, but a good man all the same.

And what I saw in him scared me. He longed for the affection of his assistant the same way my father had once longed for love from his parents. He, like myself, and loki, was an orphan, his parents dead in a freak car accident. And he was powerful. A billionaire, and a genius, almost everything my father was. And he almost didn't care who he used his money and his resources on.

So I left his home after a short week.