☆~☆ Chapter 11 ☆~☆

"So you trained professionally really?"

"Why the fuck-" Katsuki grunted as the guage face popped off, rust raining down on his face, "- does that surprise you?" He handed the glass dome off to the outstretched hand. "That was the last one." He sat, wiping the sweat off his neck with the rag in his pocket.

"Only three cracked." Eijirou rolled his eyes, tone dry as he arranged the domes. "How much will that cost to replace?"

Katsuki grimaced. "Let's not think about it. We don't have to pay for it so-"

"It's not that it surprised me so much." Eijirou took a drink, jumping topics flawlessly as he carefully peeled the number faces off, whistling. "These are so faded." He chuckled. "You can't even read the numbers. We should paint them back on in rainbows."

"You fuck with them like that," Katsuki threatened, striding past to the fridge, grabbing a beer, "and I'll fucking fire you immediately. This isn't a goddamn joke it's my livelihood. Authenticity is the fucking point."

"I wasn't gunna." Eijirou wilted, moping over the gauge pieces spread over the table before him.

"Don't inhale too deeply if you're gunna be that close." Katsuki warned. "Probably have asbestos and shit in 'em."

"The fuck?" Eijirou shot back in his chair, head darting to Katsuki as he climbed back into the body to keep stripping the innards. "Really?"

A derisive snort echoed, but no further answer. Minutes passed before Katsuki's cell went off. Annoyed he pulled it out of his pocket.

1 missed message. Eyes narrowed as he flicked the screen up.

Hey, you up for some sparring?

Katsuki tsked, You can't handle sparring against me dipshit. He peeked over the wing of the plane to see Eijirou read the message, watch the grin trickle over his face. Katsuki ducked back down to avoid being seen.

"You're that fucking cocky, huh?"

He rose again, slowly. "The fuck you texting me for anyway, asshole?" Katsuki leaned against the worn leather of the pilot's seat, wiping his hands carefully to avoid getting grease on the metal body. "We're literally within earshot."

Eijirou shrugged. "I'm lazy. Bored. I dunno."

Katsuki snorted, "If you're feeling that bored get up here and work on the goddamn plane that I'm paying you for, jackass."

Eijirou groaned, leaning back in his chair. "I dun wanna." He whined, head leaning far back, profile and adam's apple exposed, highlighted in the dusk glow of the setting sun. "It's exhausting finding things to do in that store all day."

"Oh yeah?" Katsuki jumped down, looking back at the plane. "It's about all we can do on her anyway I think. We're losing light and until you get your ass in gear I can't fiddle with the exterior anymore. Lazy sack of shit." He kicked Eijirou in the thigh, making his chair wobble, catching the back of it just as quickly before he could fall.

"Whoa!" The idiot's face split into an awed grin. "The was some Matrix shit!"

Katsuki scoffed, "Fuck you."

Katsuki wasn't sure why it was so heated; wasn't sure why the words spoken purely in adoration made him so angry. He walked away fast as the pressure of the confusing emotions stole up from his stomach to burn his chest and face, shoving the chair off balance again, not turning back when he heard it tumble.

Not responding when the moron started laughing.

"Kat, wait!"

Aki nipped at his heels as he kept walking down the tarmac, out the gate.