×~× Chapter 31 ×~×

Heads up

I'm going on a short hiatus that will be over 2/3/2020.

However I will be interactive on Tumblr @madammuffins

Please feel free to ask me questions about literally anything to do with Fuselage or to catch snippets of upcoming chapters or rejected chapter pieces and image collages of the Kitsune! Bakugou shrine, the Kirishima Village, etc. I'm going to still be writing during this time, just not updating as the added pressure has proven too much with the emotional fatigue I've been facing recently between writing and editing (the best I can ) 100,000+ words in 6 months, the fallout of familial abuse, and my car accident.

I need a short break.

On the upside I had now plotted out to chapter 42, completely written chapter 32 (including editing) and partially written chapter 33 and I only made this decision Wednesday. I think it was the right choice seeing as the last couple weeks I was only able to write a chapter, barely managing to stay ahead of the update schedule - which may be why the editing quality went down significantly.

I will be BACK 2/3/2020 with a new chapter and regularly scheduled updates!

×~×

Feet sprang forward. He could make it, he knew he could. Katsuki could dart across the highway, to the other side, race down the gentle slope of the mountain, hop the fence, dart across the large field-

A force pulled him back.

"What the fuck?!" He screamed, a jumble of limbs as they collided with the vehicle.

"You fucking idiot." Hanta hissed, arms wrapped tight around Katsuki. "Are you trying to die today? Is that what it's going to take to prove to Ei that you love him?!"

The blond was silent, gaze directed up at the summer sky, watching the plane circle overhead as another took off in the opposite direction.

Nothing now; just emptiness. He had lost. Even if Katsuki had made a run for it, he wouldn't have made it. The knowledge was sobering. Chills erupted as the full weight of what he had been about to do slapped him full force; left him bereft. Empty. Hollow. Vapor like the aftermath following after the plane flying away at hundreds of miles an hour.

Gone, gone, gone.

Everything he had been aching for, building towards, fighting to gain.

Gone.

"That was probably him."

"Wha...?" Hanta's grip loosened as his gaze followed Katsuki's, watching the chemtrail in the sky. Slowly the lanky arms let go when Katsuki didn't move. Hanta tsked as he fell back, relaxed at last. "Ow, my head. My back." He corrected. "No, you know what - my fucking everything." A hard chuckle. Too fierce, too raw.

"Yeah." Katsuki remarked flatly. "Slammed into the fender pretty hard."

"Cuz you were literally about to go play in traffic, you fucking idiot." Hanta snapped, standing slowly. "I'm going to feel this so bad all week." He groaned, hissed in sharp as he stretched, waved on a car that slowed to make sure they were okay. "You owe me."

Hanta stood in the silence.

"I-I can't believe he left me." Katsuki's breath wobbled, his voice was unsteady, chest jumping.

Hanta froze, eyes wide on Katsuki. But when Katsuki's unseeing eyes swung in his general direction, bloodshot and tear stained face it ripped him apart in a different way. Guilt consumed him, Hanta had to drop his gaze, he kicked half-heartedly at a tire.

"H-he left me. He didn't even say goodbye. He said he'd never leave me. He said he loved me. He said... he said-" Katsuki clenched his eyes shut, fists bunching as a hiccupped sob wrenched its way out of his chest.