25 : logan and roman

It was an afternoon Logan would never forget. He was only 21 then since he'd skipped a grade, and he was at Roman's apartment at the time before he could afford to live alone.

"Deep breaths, Logan," Roman said quietly.

"I-I-I-..."

Having just recently graduated college, Logan had no idea what to do with his life now that his school career was over. No grades, no tests, no papers to stress over. He was just empty and his ambition sunk down.

Logan closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. "Okay."

Roman swiped his thumb on his friend's soft cheek. "You're going to be okay. School doesn't define you. Don't you know that? You are creative, and cunning, and intelligent. Logan, you're the most amazing man I've ever met. You aren't nothing like you think you are. You wanna know something?"

"What?"

"You deserve to give yourself more credit. There is so much to love about you, it's insane!"

"...Love?"

At the time, the subject was foreign to Logan.

The word seemed foreign out of Logan's mouth then.

Suddenly, something happened that shocked them both.

Stray tears slipped down from Logan's cheeks and his eyes began to sting red.

"Oh my God," he muttered. He quickly wiped them away, but they continued coming. "U-Um, okay... That was weird. Um, how did you get me to be vulnerable like that?" He stood up and paced across the room. "I'm never like that."

"You know, it's just kinda a thing I do with people."

Logan was staring at the guy he had the biggest crush on with puffy red and tear filled eyes.

"Maybe it's just what you needed," Roman continued on, putting his hand on top of Logan's.

"What do you need?" Logan asked breathlessly.

A long pause and excessive heaviness filled the air around the pair of friends who were definitely not meaning to be just friendly.

"Can I kiss you?"

Logan froze and just kept looking helplessly at Roman. He said nothing, just inhaled sharply and moved in just a tiny bit closer.

Roman closed the distance between them with a tender kiss.

Logan had kissed someone before. A girl in seventh grade. It was barely a peck, though. He didn't know how to kiss, so he stiffened while heat seared through his whole body.

The people in movies closed their eyes.

Logan closed his eyes and tried to relax.

He'd imagined this before.

When Roman pulled away, they stared into each other's eyes, both breathing shakily.

The stone cold bitch, the emotionless robot, the work machine, the destined to be valedictorian, felt something he'd never felt in his life. At least not at that level of intensity.

"I think I love you."

Roman's eyes widened and a grin slowly formed on his face. "Wait, really? Did you just say that? Are- Are you sure?"

"I think so. Though I'm not sure what being in love is supposed to feel like."

Roman kissed him again and lowered him onto his bed, kneeling over him. His gaze drove Logan crazy.

"I love you too," he confessed, "but you probably already know that."

"I kind of picked up on the context clues," Logan replied sheepishly. "God, I don't know how to kiss..."

"Well, I can teach you something for once."

He smirked at the blushing man underneath him and caught his lips in a kiss for the second time, slowly deepening it, and Logan eventually got used to the feeling and melted into Roman's touch.

"I've never loved someone like this."

Roman beamed. "Same here."

"No, like... ever."

"Never?" He blinked in surprise, even though he shouldn't have been surprised.

Logan shook his head and asked shyly, "Can we keep going?"

"Absolutely, love."

His heart skipped a beat and butterflies erupted in his stomach at the nickname.

Before their lips connected again, Roman heard Logan mumble, "I wanna be with you forever."