Part 12 - Sleepover

We walk up to the front desk when we enter the building, getting odd looks from the people in the room. Probably wondering what to booze-smelling, trashy, worn-out teenagers are doing at a beach resort.

The guy at the desk doesn't look that much older than us with brown hair and multiple piercings on his face, he didn't seem all that intimidating though.

" Hi, I'm Jasper Grey. We would like one room please." Jasper tells him.

The guy looks back at his computer and starts typing, " Alright, how long will you be staying for sir?"

" Just tonight."

" Alright, that will be $xx.xx."

" Actually sir, we won't be paying. My father owns this place. My last name is Jasper Grey."

" I'm sorry sir but without any proof of that I still have to-"

" So you're saying that you don't believe that my father is my father? You know what...." Jasper pulls put his phone and clicks on his Dad's phone number that's labeled as Pops, " I'll call him even though it's like one a.m. He would be very disappointed to know that his son is not being allowed in the resort he will have to take over one day."

Jasper hits the call button and lifts the phone up to his ear, and the guy quickly puts his hand over the counter and lowers the phone away from Jasper's ear, " T-that won't be necessary sir. You can stay here since, well, it's your place, but just like dint mention this to him. Your room number is 134. Have a nice night."

Jasper smirks as the man hands us our key cards for our room, his hands shaking as he does so.

As we are walking into the elevator, I forcefully slap Jasper on the arm.

" Ow woman! Why did you do that?" Jasper exclaims.

" You didn't have to be so mean to him!"

" Its called manipulation. My sister and I learned it from our parents. It's not being mean."

" Still, that guy was just trying to do his job. Remember when that one old man at the bakery tried to say that he paid for to boxes of macaroons when he only paid for one?"

" Yeah." He says with a long sigh, " But look on the bright side, we got a room for free."

I roll my eyes but look back at him with a smile, " Thanks, Jasper. But you do realize you could've just given me a place to stay here and you could go home?"

" And miss a free stay at a beach resort? I don't think so."

The elevator dings and the door opens. We step out and walk down the hall looking for our room number and find it, then head in.

The room was really nice, with a white leather couch, TV, desk, a bar, what think is a queen-size bed, and a bathroom and closet. The normal hotel room.

" Whatcha think?" He asks me, then plopping down on the couch. I do the same.

"It's nice, but there's only one bed," I say and I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks.

" Aww is Chlo blushing? Cute."

" No, I'm not." I say looking away from him, " and don't call me cute."

" Geez what got your panties in a bunch? What happened to fun Chloe?"

" She got some sense knocked into her," I say turning back to him resting my head on the couch's armrest.

Jasper chuckles, " Well knock it back out, and don't worry, you can sleep on the couch."

" Wow that's so nice of you," I say dryly.