Part 7 - I Can't Even Make A Popsicle

Again, I am SO SORRY for not updating for awhile!! I've been very busy all of a sudden, so I hope you understand!! Thank you, my small group of readers, for reading this!! Also, if you have anything you would like me to write about I would love to hear it!

" Hey, Harley! I got a new employee." I say walking into the bakery with Jasper right behind me. I was having trouble at looking Harley in the eye, ever since my speech had gone wrong and in the end, I made not only myself look bad, but Harley and Aubrey as well I just avoided them. It didn't stay like that forever of course but still, I'm completely embarrassed and I understand if Harley or Aubrey didn't want to be friends with me anymore. I'm an idiot, to say the least.

" Are you sure you're alright there Chlo? You seem to be a bit off today." Jasper asks me and I shake my head.

" I'm alright. Don't worry about it."

" Doesn't sound alright," Jasper mumbles under his breath, but I pretend not to hear him.

" Sorry, Chloe did you say we got a new empl- holy fuck did the lord finally grant us with a new god?" Harley exclaims coming out of the kitchen her mouth wide open in a daze as she gawks at Jasper. Even though they have kind of already met before, I don't think she really paid to much attention to him in the first place.

" Hey, I'm Jasper. You must be Harley?  I heard we go to the same school, and I think we met the other day. I'm Aubrey's twin brother." Jasper says stepping forward and taking out his hand for her to shake. Still looking at Jasper in awe, she takes out her hand and shakes it looking to the side about every five seconds.

I step over to Harley's side and lean close to her ear " You're drooling." I whisper to her, and Harley snaps back to reality wiping the drool off her chin. Jasper and I laugh while Harley's face becomes many different shades of red from embarrassment.

" Do you fancy Jasper, Harley?" I ask in a mocking tone.

" I'm sorry if you feel that way Harley but I'm not inter-."

" Why is that? My friend is amazing."

" Well, I'm just not interested in her, no offense to you Harley. You're very pretty and all but-"

" Are you saying that my friend isn't good enough?"

" No. What I'm saying is that I'm interested in-"

Harley finally takes her hands and covers each of our mouths, " Will you shut up already. I'm not looking at you Jasper.....I'm looking....at....at him." Harley nods in a boy's direction, and Jasper and I turn our heads this way. I could've sworn she was looking at Jasper. Almost every girl that had laid eyes on him would always gawk and drool over his god-like features, except for me of course. Then who could Harley have been staring at?

" Eli?" Jasper asks looking at the brown-haired boy. Jasper walks over to him leaving Harley and in an awkward state, giving each other confused glances.

Focusing my eyes on the to boys talking I start to recognize the boy that was talking to Jasper. Although it had been a while since he had moved schools. The brown hair, blue-eyed, boy was none other than Jasper's best friend since 6th grade, but I thought that they had been a huge fight right before Eli had left for Arkansas for the sophomore year. What was he doing back here?

" It's been awhile Eli," I say gliding way up to them. Eli was more handsome than I remembered him to be, his hair had grown a bit and he had more muscle and more freckles than he did when I last saw him.

It was Aubrey, Jasper, Eli, and I, in our chairs right beside the pool. We were all staying at the twins' mansion for the time being since it was only a couple of days until summer, and we were trying to have as much fun as we could before school would ruin it all and Eli would be leaving. Then Eli and Jasper went to go get drinks right after they threw Aubrey and I into the pool, and Jasper came back with a bloody nose and no Eli. I never asked what happened for many reasons, but it didn't keep me from wondering what might have happened.