Part 23 - Mess-ups

" I'm stuffed," I say plopping down onto Aubrey's bed.

" Well maybe you shouldn't eat as much, you have started to gain a bit of weight-"

" Hey, don't judge the way I eat," I snap at Aubrey. It shouldn't matter how much I gain or lose, why should it matter to her? Is she mad or something?

" Sorry, I was just saying. Then again, maybe if you eat more you might gain an ass."

" Hey, that's mean," I whine and roll over while Aubrey giggles at making fun of me.

I'm just so happy she finds calling out my every flaw so funny. If you couldn't tell, I'm being sarcastic.

It's fine though since she only does it sometimes, it usually only happens when she feels sad about something if you didn't know her enough you would just say she's a bitch.

" Aubrey, is something wrong?" I ask, turning back over and sit up.

Aubrey looks at me with a surprised expression, " N-no. Why would you say that?"

I shrug, " Just wondering. You know you can tell me if it is right?"

Aubrey gives me a half-smile but there was something different about the look in her eyes and it wasn't happy.

●●●●

" Shit! Shit! Shit! Jayce what did you do? Chloe, I'd gonna kill us!" I hear Eli say while sitting in my office.

I raise a brow and sit still, trying to find out what they are shouting about. The smell of burnt sweets fills the office and I can't help but chuckle.

" Chill dude I'm almost positive that they're some pastries that look black after coming out of the oven and taste delicious," Jasper says, over pronouncing the delicious.

I snort, I did not expect Jasper to be this inexperienced and ignorant even though the Grey's have their own bakery.

" I'm sure there is but...Jasper that doesn't look like-"

" Why don't we ask Chloe?" Jasper says with confidence in his voice.

Eli groans and I can just imagine his eyes rolling to the back of his head, "You are an idiot."

"Hey Chlo, I was just wondering, but are the cupcakes supposed to look black and smell....different?" Jasper calls from the kitchen.

I groan, the same groan I had heard from Eli just a few seconds ago, "No Jasper, throw them away. Did you not put on a timer?" I holler back.

" Yes, and then we took the food out!"

I take a deep breath and stand up and out of my seat, then walk into the kitchen where the guys were.

Harley wasn't here today because her mother wanted to spend 'quality time' with her family since she was always too busy working at the bakery, which I am really thankful for unlike her mother. Don't get me wrong, I love Harley's family and her little sister is just the cutest, but Eleanor's always had come first in Gramp's eyes, well, right after my grandma that is and so I will do the same.

" What did yo- Holy fucking cow! What happened?" I shout as I walk into the room.

The cupcakes weren't just burnt, the cupcake wrapping was on fire. I used to not think that it was possible to do such a thing, but Jasper proved me wrong once again.