Part 20 - A Slob

I close the car door shut and look over at Aubrey, a saddened look on her face.

Aubrey looks away from me, putting the car in drive, " Put on your seat belt, " she reminds me, and I do as she says.

Aubrey can be confusing sometimes, one moment she would be mad and another moment she would be content, but today it didn't seem she was either of those. The look that she had on her face was one that I have only seen about twice in my life.

Doubt.

" Is something wrong?" I asked Aubrey, starting to become really concerned.

Aubrey looks over at me for a second then back at the road, " My parents are wanting to have dinner with you if you're wondering where we are going."

I was but I was more worried about my best friend.

" Aubrey-"

" You know, you could've just told me that you liked my brother. You didn't have to hide it from me and date him from behind my back."

" That's not how it is-"

" It's not? Chloe, I have spent my time, my money, and my popularity all on you for the past few years and you thank me by going behind my back and date my twin brother? Out of all the people you chose Jasper? You could've even dated the ugliest person on earth and I would be happier!"

" I-I'm sorry, " I muttered, looking down at the pizza sauce stain that I had gotten on my sweats from a few months ago.

I wasn't exactly sure if I could tell Aubrey that I actually wasn't dating her brother. I love Aubrey but for some reason, the voice in the back of my kind is telling me not to.

I swear this little plan of Jasper's better work or else that little bitch is going to pay.

Aubrey sighs, shaking her head, " Chlo I really care about you. I don't want you to get hurt. If you haven't noticed, Jasper isn't the type to stay in one place. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

And that is exactly why I won't and never will date someone like Jasper.

" I think he's changed. He, " I pause and idea popping into my head, " He's even helping me with a bake sale."

" He's doing wh- I mean, I guess that's a good idea and all and I'm sure it'll turn out great, but are you sure you want Jasper to help? I mean, do you know how many girls are in love with him?"

" Yeah, he's the king of our school. Which brings me to my next question, " I look over at Aubrey for an answer, giving her puppy eyes.

Aubrey looks at me with a questioned look then finally understands what I'm asking, " Hell no! I can't help you. What if I get kidnapped? Kidnapped or not my parents would kill me if they knew I would be helping you...wait, it's for Eleanor's right?"

" Yes."

" They would kill me!"

" Jasper told me that they loved me though, " I say, happy we're on a different topic other than me 'dating' her brother.

" Doesn't matter. Business is business."

" Wait...where see we going again?"

" I already told you, you dumbo! My parents are wanting to have a family dinner with you since you're dating my brother."

" Do they do this every time he gets a girlfriend?" I ask Aubrey.

Aubrey pulls up to her houses mansion in the driveway and into the garage. She then puts her car in park and takes the keys out of the ignition then looks over at me.

The realization hit me, I am in sweatpants and a sweater, and I'm going to have dinner with the Greys.

Well, there goes my chance of another good impression.

" Aubrey... I don't think I can wear this to see your parents. They're probably going to think I'm a slob, " I say, gesturing to my attire.

Aubrey scoffs, a smile forming on her face, " Chlo, just because you're now daring my brother doesn't change anything with them...although, then again, he's never had a girl have dinner with his family...Anyway, you'll be alright. Jas- I mean, my family knew much worse slobs then you. Besides, they already know you. They know you're not by any means a slob."

" But I am."

" But they don't think that, so let's keep it that way."

We stay in silence for a while and then I look up, " Hey, what do you mean that he's never mean he hasn't had a girl have dinner with his family before?"

" If you haven't really noticed, Jasper doesn't have girlfriends. He has hookups about every week and then calls the 'relationship' off, " Aubrey tells me, making me wonder.

Who all did he sleep with?

I figured that he had probably slept with quite a big amount of girls, but every week? Has he been doing it since we started to....hold on, why should I care? That's none of my business, and I really don't care with who he slept with.

" Are you ready to go inside...or you just going to sit there lost in wonderland?" Aubrey says bringing me back to reality.

I nod, " Yeah, let's go."

Yes, yes, I know, this is a very short chapter. I swear, it'll get better but be patient. I know I wouldn't be if I was in your position but I'm not so HA! Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed it! Happy reading! Love ya!