Part 6 - You Got The Job

Sorry I haven't been posting as frequently as I used to. School just started and it's been quite a bust couple of weeks for me. Do you like the story so far, at least? , I do hope so, and if you have anything you want me to maybe write in it or any advice I would love to hear it! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Have a good day!

" Alright, Jasper. I am giving you one and only one chance." I say as I walk towards his locker, ignoring all the other guys and girls that had been talking to him. Jasper turns around and smiles, his beautiful green eyes lighting up when he does.

" You're going to give me the job?" Jasper asks. I nod as a reply and see that everyone's eyes were now turned on me. Feeling insecure I almost just run away and towards my own locker, but I don't. I should be used to this, with everyone already staring at my own best friend all day and every second I should already comfortable with it, but that didn't mean I still didn't feel as if everyone was looking into my own soul right now.

" What changed your mind?" Jasper asks, completely ignoring all the confused glances given towards us.

" Well let's just say that you're not as big of an asshole as I thought you were."

About two seconds later I feel Jasper's strong arms wrap around me in a tight embrace, and I smile returning the hug. " I promise that I won't let you down." He tells me, hugging me tighter.

" I hope not. You're one of the only employees that I have." I say and Jasper laughs, letting go of me and taking a step back.

" When do I start?" He asks.

" Well, I was hoping that you could help me out after school. Harley will be there too if you need any help with anything. I'm sure you know a bit if baking since your family also owns one as well."

The look of embarrassment shows on Jasper's face when I say this, and my eyes grow big. I knew that he wouldn't be able to be baking complicated recipes but I at least thought he would be able to bake something...hopefully he does, " You do know how to bake....right?"

" I already have the job right?"

" Yes."

" Than no, I do not have any clue even to how to turn a stove on," Jasper says and I can hear a few people from behind Jasper snickering at either him, me, or both of us. Who knows. I won't be necessarily worried about the people around us making fun, I was more worried about how I just gave away a job at my bakery, that was my responsibility to take care of, to an idiot.

" Jasper, this has to be a joke. You asked for a job at a bakery but you can't even bake? You're just...." I trial off before I say any more than I need to.

" I'm just a what? I told you that this was one of my last chances since all the other people in California think that I don't need to get a job since I have rich parents. Well, guess what? I don't get anything from my parents. I don't want it. So do I get the job or not Chlo, because if not then I have no reason to talk to you."

" What is going on here? Who's working where?" I hear my best friend's voice behind me. Giving a sigh of relief I turn around to see Aubrey standing there with the rest of her possy behind her. Her hair still looked just as perfect as it did every day, and so did the rest of her as well. Smiling, I walk up to her and stand next to her.

" Nothing. Your brother just got a job at- "

" Another surf shop. Down by the fancy restaurant that our family used to go to when we were kids." Jasper interrupts me. Confused, I give Jasper a huh? Look, but he doesn't seem to notice or pretends not to. Either way, he's going to have to answer a lot of questions when I see him next.