Part 14 - Your Shirt Smells Like Raisin Bagels

" C'mon Jasper just spit it out! What was the question?!" I say in a whiney tone when we reach our hotel room.

The whole time Jasper has stayed quiet, or would start of a sentence with "Well here's the..." or "Don't you think...." but would never finish his sentence and would do back to being quiet.

Jasper plops down on the bed but I just stand there because I don't want to get any of the sand that's on me, on the bed.

I sigh out of annoyance then start walking towards the bathroom, " I'm going to go take another shower so whenever your ready to ask you can."

Jasper groans resting his head back onto the bed, "There are more clothes in the bag. They were for me but it's fine. I'll sleep in my boxers."

For a second a warm feeling in my cheeks overwhelms me thinking of Jasper in his boxers. I then shake my head snapping out of it. I'm his boss, not a fangirl I shouldn't be thinking of stuff like that.

" It's fine. I'll just take the shirt." I say reaching for the bag that was beside the bed.

It was better this way, Jasper would be still wearing whatever bottoms he had other than boxers, and the T-shirt was large enough that Jasper wouldn't be able to see my underwear. If he does try then he'll be fired.

At least there is some good that comes out if being his boss.

Jasper raises his eyebrow but doesn't ask questions, so I walk into the bathroom and take a shower for the second time.

After I finish I throw on Jasper's Tshirt and my underwear. I'm starting to regret not wearing regular panties instead of the fancy underwear Aubrey had gotten me. I don't think she thought that I would be spending the night with her brother when she told me to wear them. I sure as hell didn't either.

I dry off my hair and hand the towel up back on the towel rack then leave the bathroom. Jasper looks over at me and I start to smell something. I pull the sleeve of Jasper's shirt up to my nose and sniff it.

Bingo.

" Your shirt smells like raisin bagels," I tell him and Jasper snorts.

" I hate raisin bagels," Jasper says as if I should've known that.

" Then why does your shirt smell like it?"

Jasper leans back on the bed, " Why are you so nosy?"

" I'm not nosy." I mumble folding my arms, " Whatever. It doesn't matter. What was the question you wanted to ask me?" I say trying to change the subject.

" Let me take a shower first then I'll tell ya."

I groan and walk over to the bed and plop on top of it, " Fine." I mumble into the sheets.

••••

" He wants to what?!" I exclaim.

" He needs a job and I thought that since your low on employees-"

" Fuck no! There is no way I am letting another person who doesn't know how to bake work at my bakery. Especially Eli."

" But-"

" Just because I let you work there doesn't mean I would let just anyone work at my bakery."

" So I'm special?" Jasper says with a smirk.

" You're my best friend's brother who wouldn't shut up unless I hired you."

" Tomato tomoto." Jasper chirps.

Jasper lays down on the opposite side of the bed that I'm laying on and sighs, " It'll only be for a while, and he's actually really good at baking. That's one of the reasons why I befriended him in the first place."

" I don't know.." I sigh.

" Also, I know about your friend Harley. She seems to be really interested in Eli."

My eyes open wide, " True, but what about Aubrey? Doesn't she have feelings for him? She's my best friend I wouldn't be doing any good if I just let Harley have him."

" My sister is a bitch. In fact, she is the queen of all bitches. The queen bitch. She's evil. She doesn't deserve my best friend."

"Your sister is not evil, and just about two weeks ago I thought you we're the evil one. Why can't you guys just get along?"

"It's not that easy."

Jasper was starting to raise his voice but I could head him trying to restrain himself from yelling at me. But I couldn't let this go. I wasn't trying to be nosy, I was concerned for my friends.

" You guys used to get along. What happened to make you guys hate each other?"

" I'm going to sleep."

" Jasper-"

" Goodnight Chloe."

I sigh, giving up and roll over away from Jasper. I guess no one was going to sleep on the couch after all.

" Goodnight Jasper."

I know this is a very short chapter and I know that I keep not updating my book. Thank you for reading though, even if I'm a lousy writer! You still read it! Happy reading!