Part 19 - I Have An Idea

Hello! Question: What's your favorite song? I've been getting bored with the songs I am listening to and wanted to know what kind of songs you guys listen to. Thanks! Happy reading!

" I have an idea, " I say, setting my lunch tray down on the table.

It was Jasper, Eli, Harley, and I sitting at our own table. Everyone was staring at us and I wasn't sure if it was because Eli was here, that we were sitting at another table, or that they were still shocked that Jasper and I are 'dating'.

Harley and Eli were starting to warm up to each other, always 'accidentally' bumping their shoulders or arms against each other, and every time they get caught by the other person glancing at them they would smile and giggle. This has been going on since this morning, and I am beginning to feel like the third wheel.

" What's the idea?" Jasper says seeming happy to be talking about something instead of looking at Harley and Eli flirt with each other.

" We should do a bake sale!" I exclaim, holding up jazz hands.

I have had this idea for a couple of days now. Ever since then I couldn't get it out of my head. Even though we do have a few customers that still some into Eleanor's, it would be nice to see if we could get more by selling sweats and other goods outside the bakery.

At least, I thought it was a good idea.

" A bake sale?" Jasper says sounding surprised, but not in a good way.

I raise an eyebrow, " What's wrong with a bake sale?"

" N-nothing, " Jasper mumbles look away from me.

" Jasper?" I ask, "What's Wrong with a bake sale?" I repeat.

Jasper sighs, running his hand through his hair and looking back at me, " I just don't think it's a great idea.  I just don't want anyone to find out that I'm working at your bakery."

Slightly offended, I frown, " But I thought you would be working at your family's bakery too?"

" Yeah, I am, but what am I going to tell my sister or even my parents if they see me helping you with your bakery?"

" I thought your parents loved me."

" Just because they love you doesn't mean they loved your grandfather or his bakery."

" What about a bake sale?" Harley asks, finally paying attention to something other than Eli.

I look over at Jasper, leaning closer while trying to keep a serious face though it's kind of hard when your up close and personal with someone who's supposed to be my fake boyfriend, "As your boss, I'm ordering you to do this bake sale with me? Understand?"

Jasper smiles, poking my forehead, " Sure, but on one condition."

••••

My phone rings and I pick it up off of my dresser, laying down on my bed.

It was Aubrey.

This could go good it bad and hopefully, it goes a good way. I am not in the mood to have a good day ruined because Aubrey is upset about me being with her twin brother.

I answer it, " Hello?"

" Alright, I have decided, " she begins.

She doesn't seem to be upset, but then again, she is really good a lying. One of her many talents.

I don't think that makes me feel any better.

" Decided what?"

Aubrey pauses then continues, " I'll be at your house in twenty minutes. Be ready."

" What where are we-"

Aubrey hangs up on me before I could finish my sentence. I sigh, looking down at my clothing that I'm wearing: Booty shorts and a giant Tshirt.

I don't think Aubrey would appreciate me coming out in my pajamas.

I groan but then roll out of my bed and trudge to my closet. My closet mostly consists of clothes that I have never worn before in my life. I decide on wearing some light gray sweatpants and a baggy sweater. Since it's now November, it's beginning to get colder and I for one am not a fan of the cold. Jack Frost can go burn in lava for all I care.

I then quickly put on some high tops and then lay back down in my bed, scrolling through Instagram for anything interesting.

There he was. Brian. At the beach resort, looking all happy and having fun.

Brian was a pretty good baker. He was in his early twenties and said that his mother had taught him how to bake and has enjoyed doing it as a hobby ever since. Of course, he decided to take his hobby elsewhere.

I sigh, looking at the picture, "What did I do wrong?" I say asking no one in particular.

" Do what wrong?" I hear my grandma say and turn around.

Great timing Grams.

She walks over to me and takes a seat on the edge of my bed, her gray hair pulled back in a small bun and her smile still as perky as ever, she pats my knee in a comforting grandmother way.

" Do you think that Eleanor's will shut down?" I ask.

Grandma pauses for a second, looking at nothing in particular, and then back at me, " I don't."

" How so?"

" Well, for one, you did just hired some fine looking young men...what were their names? Casper? Elaine?"

I snort, " You mean Jasper and Eli?"

Grandma turns to be, giving me a stern look, " Are you mocking your grandmother?"

I gulp, " I would never do such a thing."

She then goes back to her regular, kind, smile, " Good."

" But why would hiring Jasper and Eli help the bakery?" I ask, trying to get back on track.

" Well for one thing. Eli can bake, but he's also pretty popular with the ladies I suspect?"

I shrug, " I guess you could say that."

" Jasper seems to be too..."

" And where are you getting at with them?"

" Use your employees looks to your advantage. How do you think your grandfather got so many customers? He sure as hell didn't just get them by his delicious pies."

I laugh and Grandma does too.

Then my phone rings and I answer it, already knowing who it was.

" Hurry up! We need to talk, " Is all that Aubrey says and then hangs up.

I sigh looking at Grams, " Here goes nothing, " I say and then give my grandma a hug then rush towards the door.