Chapter 7

I made my way to Chemistry with my blue haired friend, running into Natsu and Gajeel along the way. We sat down in our assigned seats with our lab partners, waiting for the teacher to call roll.

"Hey psssst! Luce! Did you do the homework last night?" Natsu looked at me with puppy eyes. I raised my eyebrows and he came up with 10 different excuses why he couldn't do it and needed to copy mine. "Pleaseeeeeee, Lucy I'll do anything!"

"Anything?" I smirked at him, pulling my paper out, waving it in his face.

"Yes! PLEASE LUCY! Im begging youuu!" He was in my face, shaking me violently. I handed him the paper and he squeezed me. "Luce I could just kiss you right now! Thank you! I owe you one!" He said pulling back and getting quickly to work filling out his empty sheet. I sat there red as a tomato.

"D-Don't worry about it, Natsu." I mumbled out flustered and irritated at the same time. After he was done scribbling down his-my- answers, he shoved my homework underneath my folder. We were assigned a lab project, something simple as mixing two chemicals to make something new; but of course with Natsu it didn't go as planned. I tried explaining what went wrong about ten different times, explaining things to him before he got it right. The chemistry teacher made his rounds, watching amused as he saw Natsu struggling to understand, and me struggling to not strangle him.

"You're lucky to have a smart lab partner like Lucy, Natsu. Now I know why you picked her." He smiled at me, smirking at Natsu. "Make sure you fully understand everything from today's lesson, class! This will be on the test next week!" Turning back to the rest of the students, he walked away.

"I'm totally going to fail this class." Natsu groaned, defeated. "But I'm sure you'll do great Luce!"

"Chemistry and science always came easily to me I guess, but I still struggle sometimes." I said sheepishly, "I'm sure I'll fail Gym class, as I know that'll be an easy 'A' for you. I've never really been one to work out or play sports. I much preferred reading." I heard Natsu teasing me about being a nerd, and I retorted teasing about how he was a dummy. Out of nowhere, he grabbed my hand, catching me off guard.

"I know! You help tutor me, and I'll go to the gym with you and make sure you pass P.E!" He yelled, getting into my face. I blushed crimson as I saw a few curious eyes look our way.

"You calling me fat, airhead?!"

"Don't call me an airhead, nerd! You're not fat! I didn't mean it like that." Natsu was wide eyed, frantically trying to handle the situation at hand.

"Yeah I already know I'm not fat, I just wanted to call you an airhead~ And if being a nerd means that I pass my junior year of high school, call me what you want, d-u-m-m-y~" I stuck my tongue out at him after drawing out every letter, making him close his eyes in frustration.

"I'm gonna totally get you back in gym, just you see." He growled, looking up at me with a mischievous smile. The bell rang signaling the end of our second class of the day. The hallways were filled with a sea of teenagers as me and Natsu walked side by side to gym. We parted ways to go into our respective locker rooms to get changed. I put my hair up and looked at myself in the mirror. These shorts are really too short for school, but damn do they make me look good~ I thought to myself, smiling. I slipped my black vans on and made my way to start our now daily warm up of 10 laps. I started my slow and steady pace, humming one of my favorite songs in my head to keep me on pace. Without realizing it, a familiar blonde found his way to my side, keeping my pace.

"Hey blondie~" He winked, speeding up a little and turning around. "I could get used to this view." He wiggled his eyebrows at me, looking me up and down, hesitating on my bouncing chest. I blushed angrily before speeding up to him, finding a new energy in me.

"I'll kill you, pervert!" I sprinted furiously after him managing to get a hold of his shirt for a brief moment before he slipped away from my grasps. Before I knew it my daily laps were done and Sting was halfway across the gym grinning at me, not even fazed. I was out of breath and sweaty already, frustrated, I crossed my arms and walked over to the water fountain where Natsu was.

"Move dummy, I'm dying." I panted out, causing Natsu to turn around with a smirk. He chuckled to himself before flinging a handful of water at me, causing me to let out a small squeak before loosing my balance and stumbling to the floor. I cursed at Natsu and cursed my own clumsiness. I looked up at him and pouted, still panting.

"Payback!" He yelled, grinning like an idiot.

"T-That was mean, N-Natsu." I whined, sticking out my bottom lip, crossing my arms under my chest. His eyes made contact with mine before his face caught on fire. I raised an eyebrow, but before he could say anything or even help me up, Sting appeared by his side.

"Hey blondie are you oka-" Stings expression changed as soon as he saw me and he about passed out. His face was as red as a ripe tomato, and his nose started bleeding. He started muttering incoherent things that I couldn't begin to understand. My brain was trying to comprehend what was going on until I realized. My whole shirt was wet. My white shirt was soaking wet. And the only thing I had on underneath said wet shirt was a lacy red bra, leaving little to the imagination. That's it. Life over. Fatality. Before I could try to stand up to run to the locker room, a red track jacket about one size too big for me appeared over my shoulders. I quickly put it on, zipped it, and stood up. Turning around, I looked to find Natsu avoiding my gaze, who somehow made his way behind me when I wasn't paying attention.

"I'm sorry Luce, I didn't mean to embarrass you, I was just trying to prank ya." He said, eyes still on the floor, fingers fidgeting. "You can keep that jacket, so nobody else sees ya. I won't tell anyone either, I swear!" His hands grabbed mine, our pinkies intertwining in an unspoken pinky promise. The embarrassment I was feeling earlier disappeared. Instead, it was replaced by a warmth in my belly.

"It's okay Natsu, I forgive you." His eyes snapped to mine and a relieved smile made his way across his face. "But..." His face scrunched up in confusion. "You gotta take me out for ice cream tonight~" I smiled, gripping his hands. He smiled back at me, squeezing back.

"It's a date then! I'll pick you up at 6?" He beamed at me, making me blush. That warm fuzzy feeling returned, and all I could do in that moment was nod. 

Ahhh chapter 7 is out! How will their date go? Will anyone try to ruin it? You wont know what'll happen until I upload it! Chapters 8, 9, and 10 are written, and I will continue to update either every day or every other day. Please don't forget to comment and let me know how I'm doing so far! I'd love to hear any tips or feedback. See you in the next chapter!~

And as always.. Fairy Tail and all it's characters belong to Hiro Mashima!