Chapter 11

I woke up the next morning, and checked my phone, sending Natsu a good morning text. I rolled out of bed and got dressed, and made breakfast. I didn't have much homework to do so I sat on the couch and watched a few episodes of my favorite show. Bored, I grabbed my keys and made my way out to the bustling town, searching for a bookstore. I finished the novel I had been reading, and wanted a new one to pass the time. After walking around for a half hour or so, I stumbled upon a cute little book shop/ café. I opened the doors and heard a small chime, inhaling my favorite scent.

"H-Hello! Welcome to our humble shop! Let me know if there's anything you are looking for!" A sheepish girl with fluffy pink hair yelled to me behind the counter. (Can you guess who it is?~)

"Thank you! I'm just browsing for now." I smiled back at her, before making my way down a few aisles. I found a few books that sparked my interest and sat down with them on one of the big love seats. I sent Natsu another text, to make sure he's okay, he never takes long to respond. Realizing I have no clue how long I spent reading, I stood up and returned one of the books to the shelf and tucked the other two under my arm. I looked up and recognized the boy standing opposite of me, smiling to myself.

"Hey Rogue! I didn't think I'd see you in here!" I said quietly, still gaining his attention. His eyes traced mine as he smiled.

"I didn't expect to bump into you here either. I'm just buying the book for our English project, as well as a few others I've been meaning to read." He mumbled the last part, but I still registered what he said. My eyes went wide for a second, realizing I almost forgot about our English project together.

"Oh yeah! I knew that's why I came to the bookstore today. I can't believe I almost walked out without it." I laughed nervously, before going to the same shelf he pulled his copy of the book off of, and grabbed one of my own. "The Awakening" by Kate Chopin. I've read it once before, but it is a good read.

"I'll start on the summary and character overview when I get home, and email them to you." I smile at Rogue, him knowing I've already read this book. Even though we have two weeks to finish the project, I'd rather get it done early and not worry about it.

"Instead of emailing it, maybe we can just work on it together? I'm a fast reader and can read it by tomorrow." He said smiling at me.

"How about you come over to my apartment tomorrow then and we can knock it out." I smiled at him. He blushed and smiled back.

"Sounds good, I'll see you then. Just text me your address when you get the chance." I pulled out my phone and handed it to him, letting him put his number into my contact book. We parted ways after checking out and paying for our books. I made it back home in about 45 minutes, stopping by a small restaurant to get a bite to eat. I placed my new books on the coffee table and pulled my laptop out, starting a new document; 'The Awakening by Kate Chopin in depth analysis by Lucy Heartfilia and Rogue Cheney'. I typed out all that I knew already, finishing about a third of our project before I took a break and pulled out my phone, sending another text to Natsu.

"Hey, it's Lucy, I haven't heard back from you, and just wanted to make sure you're okay!" I typed, starting to become irritated. This is probably the 4th message I've sent to him today, and it's almost 6 o'clock in the afternoon. Calm down, Lucy, I'm sure he's just busy, plus what happened last night, doesn't matter, he doesn't have feelings for you, and you sure as hell don't have feelings for him. I try to focus on something else, but fail to do so. You'll see him in chemistry Monday anyways, then he can explain why he's been blowing you off. Arguing with myself makes me hungry, so I go into the kitchen and start cooking myself dinner. I ended up making way more than I could eat myself. Feeling just the tiniest bit spiteful I pull my phone out again, but don't text Natsu this time.

"Hey I made way too much food for me to eat myself by accident. Did you want to come over and help me eat this?" I sent my message, still feeling irritated for some reason. Not even 30 seconds passed before my phone chimed and a message popped up.

"Sure thing, babe, I'll be there in 10 ;)" I rolled my eyes but smiled to myself. Feeling a little less irritated, I ran into my room to change out of my sweatpants and into more normal clothes I guess? A pair of cut off jean shorts and a black t-shirt rolled up and tied at the waist. I smiled at myself in the mirror and let my long hair down. After a few minutes I heard a knock on my door. Smiling, knowing who it was I opened it and looked at the mop of blonde leaning in the doorway. 

(Lucy's outfit~)

As promised, a double update~ Chapter 12 is finished and I'm working on chapter 13 now! Don't forget to comment and let me know how the story is going. Vote and add to your library to make sure you don't miss the next juicy chapter! Some crazyyy stuff happens~ But I'll let the suspense build a bit ;P See you in the next chapter!

As always, Fairy Tail and its characters belong to Hiro Mashima!~