Chapter 9

"Pick out something good to listen to! I trust your taste." He smiled at me handing me his phone. I smiled back before putting on "I Don't Care" by Fall Out Boy. He grinned as we drove down the road. 'I dont care what you think, as long as it's about me!" we sang together, looking at each other grinning. We went about 10 minutes the opposite direction of our school when we pulled into the parking lot of a small shop. Natsu got out, and walked over to my door, extending his hand, which I took blushing. I got up and grabbed my bag, but our hands never let go. He opened the door as we both walked in. My face lit up when I saw what was inside. Murals painted on the walls, and a huge glass counter full of different flavor ice creams and every topping you could think of. I whipped around to see the pink haired boy grinning at me, sheepishly. I whispered something along the lines of this place is awesome, before he took me to the counter to figure out what we wanted.

"I'll have one scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough in a cone." Natsu said, mouth watering, the cashier began ringing him up, when he looked at me "What do you want Luce?"

"I can get it, Natsu! Don't worry about it." I smiled sweetly. He grabbed my hand and gave me a dreamy look.

"What kind of guy would I be if I didn't buy my date her ice cream?" He smiled at me, making me blush.

"Fine, Strawberry." I stuck my tongue out at him, squeezing his hand, blush still spread on my cheeks. He paid at the counter and told me to find us a table. I sat down and looked around, noticing all the old arcade games lined up on the wall. I saw Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig Dug, and a few more with some pinball machines. "This is the coolest ice cream shop I've ever been to." I mumbled under my breath.

"So you do like it!" Natsu said sitting down across from me, with both of our ice creams in hand. He grinned and handed me my ice cream. "Wait until you taste the ice cream! The best in all of Fiore." As if on cue, I licked a side that was a little melty. I got a shiver and grinned like an idiot.

"It's super good!" I exclaimed, making Natsu chuckle.

"It is! I don't think I've ever tried their strawberry..." He said with a devilish smirk on his face, as he grabbed my wrist that was holding the cone and brought it to his lips. Hovering his lips over my fingers, he took a lick of my ice cream, watching my reaction. I blushed, not being able to break eye contact. Once he released my wrist, I brought my arm back to its original place, taking another lick from my dessert. He smirked at me.

"You could've asked." I stuck my tongue out at him, smiling. He grinned at me and brought his cone in front of me. I smirked as I mimicked his previous actions and grabbed his wrist with my hand, keeping eye contact as I tasted the cookie dough ice cream. He didn't say anything, just smirked at me. Until he realized I took a bite, and desperately tried to save the rest of his dessert.

"Luce no! My ice cream!!" I waited until he was tugging to let go of his wrist, making his ice cream bump into his nose. I giggled at the scene in front of me. Before I could realize it, he grabbed my hand and tipped it up to meet my nose, just like his. Both of us busted out laughing, realizing we were going to start an ice cream war if we kept it up. We grabbed napkins and cleaned up ourselves and the mess we made before finishing our ice cream.

The door chimed for the first time since we came in. I guess ice cream shops weren't really busy around 6, not that I minded a bit. I looked up and saw a group of girls come in, the first was a girl with short white hair, followed by a girl with long light purple hair and glasses along with a few other girls. All their hair was tied back in high ponytails with cheer bows on it (Of course except the white haired girl). I ignored it and turned my attention back to my pink haired date. Before I could protest, Natsu grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the few arcade games and fished out some quarters from his pocket. We soon started playing 2 player Pac-Man and after 10 different games we were tied.

"Tiebreaker. If I win, you gotta go to the movies with me tonight." Natsu flashed a toothy grin. I blushed before smirking and accepting.

"And if I win, you gotta bring me here once a week~"

"I was planning on it anyways, but you got yourself a deal!" We put the respective quarters in and battled like our lives depended on it. We were neck in neck before Natsu took my last life and cheered, while I shrugged.

"So since you won, I guess were going to the movies. What movie do you-"

"NATSU!!" I was cut off by a high pitched yell from the white haired girl I saw walk in.

Cliffhanger! Dun dun dunnnn. I know how much I hate cliffhangers, but it was the best place to cut the chapter off, so forgive me! I might just post chapter 10 tonight too, since i have chapters 11 and 12 written~ But we will see ;P I hope you guys liked this chapter, as I had a lot of fun writing it! Don't forget to comment to let me know how you guys like the story so far! Vote and add to your library so you don't miss any updates~

As always, Fairy Tail and all of its characters belong to Hiro Mashima!

See you in the next chapter~