Chapter 36 (Epilogue)

And forever it was.

I've always heard that time flies when you're in love; and my God, it flew. Before we knew it, we were walking across the stage receiving our diplomas with all of our friends. A month before we were all supposed to leave for college, Natsu got down on one knee and proposed at my going away party. And if you're wondering, I said yes! College was hard, and at times I didn't think I could get through it, especially being away from my second half. With frequent visit, pep talks, weekend sleepovers, and Chinese food, I was able to walk across an even bigger stage to receive my masters in English literature.

After the four agonizing years of college, we moved into a small 2 bedroom apartment together back in Magnolia, and set a wedding date. Time really flew then. Booking the venues, ordering dresses and decorations, setting up catering and the honeymoon; all of it made my head spin. Yet again, I couldn't get through it without Natsu. Ohhh our honeymoon... it was the best week of my life. We booked a cabin getaway in the mountains, and the sights were limitless. We went trail riding, hiking, and even went downtown to the aquarium and museums. My favorite memory of it is the seclusion. Just me and Natsu in our little wilderness abode, conveniently equipped with a hot tub and full service bar. I didn't think it was possible, but our love seemed even deeper after our time alone together. We went back to our normal life with work, and find out our lives were going to be flipped upside down. We were going to be parents!

You should've seen Natsu's face when I told him. All the nervousness I felt had melted away when I saw his smile. I thought Natsu was protective of me before, but now I had another life inside of me he wanted to protect too. A few months into my pregnancy, Natsu's job gave him a promotion, which of course meant I had to stop working (cue eye roll). But looking back on it, I'm extremely grateful for the time Natsu gave me to prepare, to write, and most importantly eat all the food I want! Levy frequented our apartment with her twin boys, volunteering as my editor and companion all-in-one. Before I knew it, I had finished my book and was due in two weeks! Time crunch, I know, but yet again I managed thanks to my other half. On July 7 X794 I gave birth to a healthy baby girl, whom we named Nashi Layla Dragneel. She was the light of our little world, and our lives were never the same. Through countless sleepless nights, and so many scrapes, falls, and burns, the three of us made it out alive. Only to find out we're doing it all over again!

We quickly realized we'd have to expand out of the tiny apartment we've been in for 3 years, and begin looking for a house we can call home. After what seems like hundreds of house tours, we found the one. Only a 15 minute drive from downtown Magnolia, but still isolated enough to be called country, we bought a quaint little 3 bedroom cottage. The lush greenery and acres of privacy made it seem like it was out of a Fairy Tale. Four months after Nashi's second birthday, on November 4th X796 I gave birth to Sora Igneel Dragneel, our sweet baby boy. Nashi didn't really like the idea of having to share her mommy and daddy with anyone, but he grew on her quick. They're inseparable now, even though they argue as siblings do.'

"Leave mama alone, you two, she's writing!" A familiar voice whispered from behind me, bringing a smile to my lips.

'You'd love them mom, Nashi definitely has her father's temperament, but Sora is always so gentle and kind, like you always were. They're both incredibly smart, just like you and dad. You'd be so proud of them. I wish you two were here, but I know you guys are watching from heaven. I love you mom, I love you dad, and I miss you more than you'll ever know.

I'll see you again someday.'

"Mama! Mama! Come play with us pleaseeeeee?" Nashi busted through the door, wrapping her arms around my leg. I looked down and smiled at my pink headed daughter.

"I told Nashi... was not good idea, mama... but... do you wanna play with us?" The smaller, gentler voice of Sora whispered and I felt his small hand tug at my sleeve, big green eyes peering up at me through a mess of blonde bangs. I chuckled and brushed the hair out of his eyes.

"How can I say no to my two favorite people?" I smiled, standing up, earning a cheer from them both.

"We're gonna play castle! Me and Sora are the dragons, and you're the princess! Daddy's the knight in shiny armor who saves you!" Nashi spouted out energetically. I nodded my head and shooed them along, promising to follow shortly. I make my way to Natsu, who was patiently waiting in the doorway and snaked my arms around his neck.

"I love you Lucy." He breathes as he wraps his arms around my waist, pressing his lips onto mine. I nuzzled into his neck and smiled as we watch our children bicker over who's going to be the fire dragon and who's going to be the sky dragon.

"And I love you too, Natsu. My dragon in shining armor." 

AAA This book is done! I'm so proud of myself rn, I don't think I've ever successfully finished writing a fanfiction from beginning to end! I want to thank everyone who's followed this story and encouraged me to keep going <3 It's been an emotional rollercoaster, and I think I'm going to update the book name and cover when I get a chance, but it'll still be the same ole book~ I'm going to take a break on writing for a little while until my life gets a little less hectic, but I will definitely be posting another work, so don't unfollow just yet~! 

(One last time)

As always, Fairy Tail and all of it's characters belong to Hiro Mashima!~

Thank you guys so much!!!