Chapter 28

How could he be here so quick?! He lives like 15 minutes away. Thoughts were racing through my mind, and none of them were good.

"LUCY. OPEN THE DOOR!" I heard a muffled yell, and quickly got out of bed and made my way to the living room where Natsu was standing. He banged on the door again and sniffled. "Please, Lucy. I just want a chance to talk to you." I sighed and against better judgment, shoved Natsu in the bathroom. My heart was pounding as I made my way over to my front door. I unlocked the deadbolt and opened it a crack, my eyes meeting his.

"What do you want?" I said curtly, trying to keep my shaky voice hidden. His eyes softened as he looked into mine.

"I want you, blondie. I'm sorry; I know I messed up bad. But I can't imagine myself without you." He said with tears in his eyes. I took a deep breath and held it a minute. I smelled a lot of alcohol on his breath, and realized that he was only here because he was drunk. He'd be right back to the normal asshole Sting in the morning. He was always like Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde when he drank. I hardened my stare at him.

"Don't. You should've thought about this before you decided to cheat on me. I had already given you a second chance before this and you blew it. I'm not going through this anymore. I deserve to be happy, I deserve to feel loved. And you won't ever be able to give that to me, Sting. I'm sorry, but I'm done." I looked away and wiped a stray tear crossing my arms.

"You can't do this to me! I said I'm sorry! You're supposed to forgive me and everything's supposed to go back to how it was!" He yelled with a strange look in his eye. I felt the door swing open past me and he shoved me inside. "You're not leaving me! You can't and you won't!" He grabbed my arm and pulled me into an awkward and forced kiss. I shoved him off of me and slapped him across the face.

"Don't you dare, Sting!" I stared at him with tears in my eyes.

"Don't you love me?!" He yelled clutching the red spot on his face.

"Yes I did! More than you'll ever know! But you broke my heart!" I clutched my shirt. "NOW. GET. OUT!" I pointed at the door, breaking down in sobs. I felt his firm grasp on my shoulders.

"No. You're not leaving me." He stared at me as he hardened his grip.

"Get out! Get out! Get out!" I screamed punching his chest.

"NO! DAMN IT LUCY!" He screamed at me, slamming a fist into the wall.

"She told you to leave, so you're going to do what she says, and go." A familiar voice growled. I didn't have to turn around to know who was standing protectively over me.

"Or what, Dragneel?" Sting sneered, letting go of my shoulders, pushing me backwards into Natsu's chest.

"You don't want to know." Natsu stepped around me and grabbed Sting with one hand by the collar of his shirt and started dragging him to the door. "Get out and never come back." With that, Natsu shoved him out of my apartment and slammed the door in his face. He locked it and turned his attention to me. "Luce?" I could only whimper in response and slump to the floor to bury my face in my knees. Natsu sighed and sat down next to me. He wrapped his arms around me protectively and we stayed like this for a few minutes until I calmed down. "Would a bath make you feel better?" I was still for a moment before nodding. He got up and I heard shuffling and water running in the bathroom.

He grabbed my hands and hoisted me up and walked me to the bathroom. He turned to walk out but I grabbed his hand. I really do not want to be alone with my thoughts right now. I don't care if Natsu sees me naked, we were best friends. I looked up at him with puffy eyes and mouthed the word 'stay'. He nodded and sat down on the floor, facing the wall. We stayed in the bathroom for probably an hour, enjoying the silence.

By the time I had gotten out and made my way to bed, the sun was rising and birds were chirping. I sighed as my alarm clock started blaring. I snoozed the racket and groaned, covering my face with my blanket. Natsu chuckled and made a fresh pot of coffee. Finals started today and I wasn't going to miss them because of last night. I'll be exhausted, but I'll be there.

Natsu came back with a big cup of coffee for me and we sat on my bed for a minute enjoying the silence.

"It's going to be one long ass day." I sighed standing up to get another cup. Natsu nodded in agreement.

"I gotta swing by my place to get changed, but I'll come pick you up on my way back, kay?" Natsu said finishing his cup of coffee.

"Sounds good to me." He smiled and got his shoes on, getting ready to walk out the door. "Hey Natsu? Thank you, for everything. I don't know what I would've done without you." I enveloped him in a hug.

"You don't have to thank me, Luce. What are best friends for?" He hugged me back and sighed into the crook of my neck. I nodded and let go and he walked out of my door.

Chapter 28 posted! I thought I posted this chapter already but I guess I didn't oops. I almost posted chapter 29 before this but I caught myself. My brain's halfway here, I had my first day of my new job and it was a 12 hour shift and I still had to come home and take care of my son so I'm a little dead rn. But I have up until CH 32 written! Comment and let me know how you like the story so far. Vote, follow, and add to your library so you don't miss any updates! See you in the next chapter!

As always, Fairy Tail and all of it's characters belong to Hiro Mashima!~